Nayakij Insurance...Don'T Want Loyal Customers !

Sleesy

post-12220-071615600 1280110762_thumb.jpNot really a discussion topic, just for info, surprised me a tad and not alot in Thailand surprises me anymore ....

I've been with Nayakij Insurance on my Honda CRV (which is 6-7 years old) since I bought the car.

Only claimed once which cost about 15 to 20,000thb 4 years ago. I've been insured with them 5-6 years.

I went to renew the policy, they wouldn't cos they said the car was too old !

The CRV has been superb, I maintain it as per handbook at Honda and only once has anything ever gone wrong, something to do with the aircon that cost about 3000thb to fix.

I renewed at LMG Insurance as recommended by someone in the Navakij Phuket office.

Picture of said old banger attached !

Regards

Sleesy

post-12220-062893700 1280110579_thumb.jp

Edited by Sleesy

Thailand has a variety of insurance companies. Some good and some not so good.

The majority of reputable insurance companies will not continue a first class insurance policy on vehicles older than 7 years. This is standard operating procedure; it is not an indication that they don't want your business (you could have stayed with Navakij, but you would have to downgrade your cover). As your vehicle gets older, you have been forced to move your insurance to alternate insurance companies that offer first class cover for older vehicles. Be aware that not all insurance companies have spotless records when it comes to paying claims. Other than the premium and benefits indicated on the policy, do you know anything about this company? I have no experience with this company so I cannot help you.

Thanks for the info, I know nothing of this new company, I only heard the name when the wife informed me she had renewed !

Thailand has a variety of insurance companies. Some good and some not so good.

The majority of reputable insurance companies will not continue a first class insurance policy on vehicles older than 7 years. This is standard operating procedure; it is not an indication that they don't want your business (you could have stayed with Navakij, but you would have to downgrade your cover). As your vehicle gets older, you have been forced to move your insurance to alternate insurance companies that offer first class cover for older vehicles. Be aware that not all insurance companies have spotless records when it comes to paying claims. Other than the premium and benefits indicated on the policy, do you know anything about this company? I have no experience with this company so I cannot help you.