Air Asia Customer Service

theoldgit

Many months ago I booked one of the Air Asia offers to Bali, for the grand total of 800 Baht each, all in.

Yesterday I noticed that I had made a typo when entering my girlfriends name, I wondered whether I should take a chance and hope it wouldn't be noticed at Bangkok or Bali check-in and been denied boarding or made to by a new ticket, the price is now 14,000 Baht each, or call AA and explain.

I have read many stories of AA's lack of customer services but decided to call anyway, mainly to put my mind at rest but also I didn't want any hassle at the airport, especially at 05.30 in the morning.

I got through to a real person pretty quickly and explained the problem, the guy understood the issue and quickly retrieved our flight details, he said he would correct the typo on the ticket, there was no suggestion of payment.

The phone call lasted a couple of minutes and a new itinerary was emailed to me a couple of minutes later.

Well done Air Asia, thank you very much.

I flew with Air Asia in March to Bali.It was an excellent flight although did not like the 6.15am take off time. Had to stay in a hotel close to the airport as had to be there at 4.15am. Arrived in Bali 11.15am so had the rest of the day to recover. Enjoy your trip and yes Air Asia are good for a budget airline

At the other end of the spectrum. I had to cancel an AA flight and, knowlingly, would not get a refund. However, I did argue about a refund of the airport tax and they finally agreed to give me that refund and said it would be in my account in 2 weeks.

3 months later, nothing. A few emails and phone calls later I spoke to someone. He said that instead of putting it into my account and losing money due to exchange rates and charges etc he would just put it into my AA membership as a credit for my next flight. Ok, no problem. I check account 2 weeks later and I have the credit. yeehaaaa.

A year goes by, I look at cost of flight to BKK, I check to see what credit I have........NOTHING.

I contact AA, they can find nothing in my account and no record of it. Guy I spoke to said he would pass my concern up the line but 2 months later, nothing.

Bloody bunch of thieves.

unlike other budget airlines in Asia, they actually DO refund the airport taxes (well, they were forced to by a new Malayian law!), but it is something of a hit-and-miss.

I got refund relatively quickly for small amounts of 25 RM and 700 Baht respectively, but had to wait 9 months and 3 visits at their ticketing center at KL-Sentral in Kuala Lumpur and threaten to call local newspapers until I had my whoppy 60 Aussie-$ refund for a missed international flight (stupid JETSTAR was 2 hrs late early in the morning !) on AirAsia-X.

But I wonder if someone EVER has been successful to get the airport-Tax refunded from the likes of TIGER in SG or Cebu-Pacific......

A year goes by, I look at cost of flight to BKK, I check to see what credit I have........NOTHING.

AA credits expire in 3 months. I guess they didn't want to tell you.

It is hit or miss for sure. I had a good one with them recently. Sitting at the pc and I get an email that a flight was canceled and they moved me to a later flight. I took a look and saw I needed an earlier one, so I replied to the email they sent and gave all the flight details of the one I wanted. It took less than 10 minutes to get an answer and have the booking changed.