Photography Courses In Chiang Mai

Hillside4Phil

I am sorry if this is a re hash of a past topic but I did search and could not find what I was after.

I will be here in Chiang Mai for about a year hopefully more, at the moment I am doing the one year Thai course at CMU, which I am enjoying.

But a friend and I are also looking for any places that have photography courses, for the beginner??

Once again sorry if this is an old topic

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks for the information and also i got from an email, all is very helpfull

thank you again

It doesn't hurt to contact similar minded people on this forum by PM and take a day wandering around with a camera. Two minds can trade ideas and spot things that the other might not see. Some people are too quick to critisize but reluctant to pass on good information.

Also Sangdee Gallery runs different art workshops. They had a photography one a few weeks ago. You could always ask if they are planning another one.

Their facebook page has the most up to date info: http://www.facebook....74432731?v=info

Thanks for that, eek. I was not aware of them and I'll visit them the next time I'm back in Thailand.

The Chiang Mai Photographic Group meets every two weeks at Tuskers Bar. You should be able to find someone there who can give you advice about courses or even work with you on a one-on-one basis to get your skills up to speed. Take a look at our website and feel free to come along to the next meeting which is on August 4th.

Incidentally, the Photowalk last Saturday was well attended but we got rained off after the first hour or so. Some pictures resulted but most people said they enjoyed it in spite of the weather so we'll give it a go next year I think.

Pictures here.

The Chiang Mai Photographic Group meets every two weeks at Tuskers Bar. You should be able to find someone there who can give you advice about courses or even work with you on a one-on-one basis to get your skills up to speed. Take a look at our website and feel free to come along to the next meeting which is on August 4th.

Incidentally, the Photowalk last Saturday was well attended but we got rained off after the first hour or so. Some pictures resulted but most people said they enjoyed it in spite of the weather so we'll give it a go next year I think.

Pictures here.

Glad I saw your post Greenside. I am relocating to Chiang Mai in February and will look forward to hanging out with you guys. You can see a bit of what I do here at my website. Hopefully it is up to the group's standards.

David

Maybe this is a silly question, but does anyone use film anymore?

I don't and I have at least 6 semi-professional film cameras sitting unused. I even have some prepaid slide film in the freezer that I haven't used in 4 years. It's just not worth the bother to me. Even the magazines who publish my photos want digital instead of slides.

Maybe this is a silly question, but does anyone use film anymore?

I don't and I have at least 6 semi-professional film cameras sitting unused. I even have some prepaid slide film in the freezer that I haven't used in 4 years. It's just not worth the bother to me. Even the magazines who publish my photos want digital instead of slides.

What are people doing (and still buying) with those deliciously expensive Leica's, like the M6 &7?