Gas Cooker

Cloggie

Hello,

I want to move from electric cooking to gas to save on my electric bill.

Just went to a small shop who sells Starwel (Italian brand) but can't find any information about that on Internet.

I would like to have two burners, a small one and one big one.

Any recommendations?

Cheers,

Marcel

PS after my purchase I will post it for future reference

• 1 month later...

Many stores will sell you a two burner stove.

I would not worry too much about the brand, there is not much to go wrong.

Some of the bigger burners have double rings for better control when using

a large wok.

A hole in the wall and the cylinder outside the house, or on the balcony is safest.

Many stores will sell you a two burner stove.

I would not worry too much about the brand, there is not much to go wrong.

Some of the bigger burners have double rings for better control when using

a large wok.

A hole in the wall and the cylinder outside the house, or on the balcony is safest.

Lots of choice for counter top free standing units out there mom and pop stores and homepros

We used a Camar Tech glass flush drop in unit 3 burner...easy to clean and seems reliable and no more expensive than counter top...bought in a Homepro or like? Memory cells..lol.

DO pipe to gas cylinders outside.( get two and rotate.saves eating cold food ..lol)..use the heavy duty rubber/orange? pipe NOT the clear plastic...and double hose clip each end for security.

Good idea to have overall housing sealed with "drain" to outside (propane is heavier than air). Check all connections with soapy water every time you change bottles.

There that's my preaching for today... :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a free standing Whirlpool with 4 burners (one electric) with oven...it's simple but does the trick; can do roasts, bread, ribs, lasagne, etc in the oven that only has a little dial on the cover window for temperature indication...had it since 2003 and can't complain except that it gets hot and you got to watch out with small children in the kitchen...

btw, there have been a number of informative threads over the years regarding cookers in the food section so try a search for more information...

cheers

Edited by tutsiwarrior