Chiang Rai Students Charged With Inciting Disorder

webfact

Chiang Rai Students Charged with Inciting Disorder

Chiang Rai police have charged five students with stirring chaos for holding a gathering in violation of the emergency law.

Chiang Rai's Maung District acting police chief Police Lieutenant Colonel Banyat Thamthong said five university students who recently demonstrated with posters ridiculing the declaration of a state of emergency in the northernmost province have been charged with disturbing social order and national security and distortion of information.

Banyat said all five students denied the allegations against them and were released after reporting to investigators.

Chiang Rai Muang district police have arranged for them to meet with investigators again on August 2.

Investigators are collecting evidence for the suspects' alleged violation of the emergency rule and have pledged that the students will be treated fairly and the investigation will be transparent.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-07-29

footer_n.gif

It their own fault - they could have just joined the PAD rally with the PM - then it would have been OK. Kids! listen now, this is what happens when you color outside the lines. :jap:

• Like 1

The Reds are using kids as their shields again.

Why do people just keep propagating garbage ??

University students peacefully making a political point should not be subject to arrest in this manner.

It's a bad sign that they have been charged under the SoE.

Students in Chiangrai are a threat to national security ?

Tosh

Yep - more brainwashing by the reds leadership and having kids do their dirty work. Then when the kids get incarcerated the parents go up against the 'system' and back reds - all well manipulated by the offshore greed brokers. Stupid way to get votes! Will it ever end?

The people who have charged them have ridiculed themselves. It is ridicule to have emergency law in Chiang Rai and anywhere else in Thailand. Just call the Islamists in the South terrorists and grow up. Hopefully the ghost is out of the bottle and it will get out of hand soon. at least that is what we did when we were university students. We retaliated right away. Sincerely hope this will happen. It will teach the criminals who imposed this law a lesson.

Yep - more brainwashing by the reds leadership and having kids do their dirty work. Then when the kids get incarcerated the parents go up against the 'system' and back reds - all well manipulated by the offshore greed brokers. Stupid way to get votes! Will it ever end?

Yea Thaksin sent a secret agent all the way to Chang Ria to recruit them. :o Who's doing the brainwashing now? Besides five or less is not a violation of the law and they limited their number to it. Their rights have been violated by the government. Counter charges are in order.

Will it ever end? Well, as long as there are ignorant people around with your kind of attitude it will never end.

Thumbs up to these students! Only dead fish swim with the stream. The country needs young people that can think critically and don't just repeat government propaganda.

• Like 1

The Reds are using kids as their shields again.

Why do people just keep propagating garbage ??

University students peacefully making a political point should not be subject to arrest in this manner.

It's a bad sign that they have been charged under the SoE.

Students in Chiangrai are a threat to national security ?

Tosh

Not saying I agree with the arrest.

But it occurred to me what kind of manner of arrest do you suggest.

Will it ever end? Well, as long as there are ignorant people around with your kind of attitude it will never end.

Thumbs up to these students! Only dead fish swim with the stream. The country needs young people that can think critically and don't just repeat government propaganda.

or redshirt propaganda....

Or maybe they felt they had a genuine grievance and had been pushed into the only corner that they could protest from.

Have you been brainwashed by the present regime.?

It their own fault - they could have just joined the PAD rally with the PM - then it would have been OK. Kids! listen now, this is what happens when you color outside the lines. :jap:

Right! That's what students do 'Ragging' or if you like 'dumbing down' authoritative measures that they find ridiculous.

or redshirt propaganda....

I thought Red Shirt Propaganda was closed down, I cant find any. I have had to tune back to the yellow shirt propaganda. Too me it doesn't matter the three make me laugh.

Edited by Democrat

This is surely a very serious crime committed by these students and we can rely on the authorities to investigate in the matter in order to find all evidence needed to charge these dangerous criminals. As usual we can expect a thorough and fair line of justice to make law and order prevail. Everyone will understand that the authorities may have to postpone investigations of other, minor crimes like extortion, theft, murder etc in order to use the full force to bring these major criminals to justice.

This is surely a very serious crime committed by these students and we can rely on the authorities to investigate in the matter in order to find all evidence needed to charge these dangerous criminals. As usual we can expect a thorough and fair line of justice to make law and order prevail. Everyone will understand that the authorities may have to postpone investigations of other, minor crimes like extortion, theft, murder etc in order to use the full force to bring these major criminals to justice.

Quite right.

As they said in the movie " casablanca " " round up the usual suspects.

I can't remember the name of the actor.

The students of chiangrai are now a threat to national security..........

God help Thailand if they ever discover Lennon or Dylan.........

philw

Or maybe they felt they had a genuine grievance and had been pushed into the only corner that they could protest from.

Have you been brainwashed by the present regime.?

Agreed! I think that "students" at any level should be encouraged to voice their opinion....us old farts have had our day, and look what we've done with it! The greatest missuse of students happened in China....look at the country now! The students grew up and are now the rising middle class and are changing the way that China has operated to the good.

Better to be enraged by misguided students than allow them to be trampled by unjust laws, we just make "a rod for our own backs" in the future.

Here's some interesting info:

======================================================

In Chiang-Rai Province, three students were issued arrest warrants for violating the emergency decree. Two of them are university students aged 24 and 23. One of them is still a 16 year-old student studying at a school level. The arrest warrants came as a result of their participation in a protest campaign against the government. Together, they were holding banners in Chiang-Rai's public locations conveying messages such as; "I saw dead people at Ratchaprasong"; "To our PM, please keep the emergency decree, otherwise the government would fall"; and "The emergency decree is needed to cover-up truth". A police officer dealing with this case stated that this group of students had contacted each other through facebook.

=====================================================

While I agree their arrest is a bit harsh, where do you draw the line at ignoring the law? The emergency decree may be inappropriate, but it is the law. Like in the US, I don't agree with putting people in prison for smoking pot...but it's the law. Break it and you go to jail. Same here. And we've had 2 bomb blasts recently...so things are still not settled down.

If they would have done something quicker with the protesters in Bangkok, many would still be alive...rather than dead.

While I agree you should be able to protest, this is exactly what started all these problems....

What I find interesting is the police are actually doing something about this now...where before, nothing would have been done???

post-5869-050529300 1280457784_thumb.jpg

Seems the students were within the guidelines of public gatherings and probably chose 5 for that reason so not sure why they should be arrested.

SOE > "The ruling bans public gatherings of more than 5 people and gives security forces the right to detain suspects for 30 days without any charge."

Maybe you should move to Burma.

Maybe Burma lifestyle is moving to Thailand.

I agree, this case and the Sombat Boon-ngarmanong case show how low this current government and its institutions are willing to stoop to silence critics. It is a dangerous road.

Edited by jesse89

Wait, that's not a bad idea. If we all put on yellow T-shirts, will we be free to do whatever we like and protest how we want?

Stupid way to get votes? I think they were protesting because no one is getting any votes...

It's funny how PAD supporters claim everyone who does not think what they do is either stupid or brainwashed. Perhaps this is why Abhsits reconciliation is so poor. Like it or not, some people will think different than you. Democracy is about respecting and tolerating the differing views of others, not claiming they're stupid coz your plan is better. Shame on you. Let students be free and protest how they see fit. Anyone who argues against this freedom, well... you get it...