Everything On Screen Appears Upside Down

qualtrough

The other day I bought a second hand Pentium 4 running XP. Plan is to install Linux at some point, but that is another story. Seemed to work fine, and my daughter enjoyed playing some games on it. However, this afternoon everything on the screen, including programs, appears upside down! When shut down and reopened the XP opening screen appears correctly, but then everything flips at the next image. She says she didn't monkey with the screen, and I can' find any command in the screen commands to do/undo that. The screen is a screen I have been using for the last year without issue. Any help much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

PS. Should add that computer is not connected to the Internet, so any virus would have to be pre-installed.

Edited by qualtrough

Turn the monitor right way up.

Then right-click on the desktop, you should see something about video options or a video control panel (depends on your video card), you should find a 'rotate display' option.

Seems you are not the only one who ran into that problem. Check these out.

http://www.xp-tips.com/upside-down-display.shtml

http://www.ehow.com/how_5052256_flip-computer-screen-upside-down.html

Go to graphics options and check if there is a Rotation option, some graphics drivers support this.

In Control Panel>Display>Settings tab>Advanced button, look for settings relating to display or screen position.

No need to go and check your settings (must be hard upside down).

You just need CTRL + ALT + up arrow (that is, press CTRL ALT and Up Arrow together).

Up arrow sets it to normal.

Down arrow for upside down.

Left and right rotate 90 degrees.

Edited by bangkockney
  • Like 2

Turn the monitor right way up.

Then right-click on the desktop, you should see something about video options or a video control panel (depends on your video card), you should find a 'rotate display' option.

Yes, since your head is upside down - easy. Re-orient your head to the vertical, or turn the computer upside down. Either way, problems solved. And a friendly suggestion: get off the Lao Kao and drink Sang Som...you'll love it.