Championship

ThaiPauly

It's all very tight at the top now, apart from QPR having a 10 point lead.

Reading after 7 wins in a row are now just 3 points behind Cardiff, with a superior G/D and 5 games to play.

I never thought in my wildest dreams that Reading would be challenging for automatic 2 months ago...we were 15 points off second.

Cardiff play 3 out of 5 at home, they are in poll position and it realy is their's to loose now, their only potential banana skin is QPR at home.

But as I never thought we would even make the play-offs two months ago, and it looks like all bar an absolute disaster we will, I would settle for doing a "Blackpool" and going up through the play-offs...but I'd rarther not have to take the chance :ermm:

Getting a bit worried about Reading now ThaiPauly, they have had a marvelous run, its certainly very close, looks like the playoff's is sorted for 5 of the 6, just a question who goes up with QPR, all the teams have difficult games coming up.

Norwich play again Friday, home to Forest. More twists yet i think.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's all very tight at the top now, apart from QPR having a 10 point lead.

Reading after 7 wins in a row are now just 3 points behind Cardiff, with a superior G/D and 5 games to play.

I never thought in my wildest dreams that Reading would be challenging for automatic 2 months ago...we were 15 points off second.

Cardiff play 3 out of 5 at home, they are in poll position and it realy is their's to loose now, their only potential banana skin is QPR at home.

But as I never thought we would even make the play-offs two months ago, and it looks like all bar an absolute disaster we will, I would settle for doing a "Blackpool" and going up through the play-offs...but I'd rarther not have to take the chance :ermm:

The bigger question is; when was the last time two teams with blue and white hoops were promoted together from any league? huh.gif

post-8817-067884700 1280984595_thumb.jpgIts that time again!!! :D:D

Pauly, how long is a piece of string?

QPR , Leicester , Reading , (please not Donny !!!)

Cardiff possibly,...talking of which, Sheff Utd will play them on Sunday.

I would love to say that I can see my team going up,,,,,but unfortunately I can't.

But

I hope I,m proved wrong.

COME ON YOU BLADES.

Well I never expected them to go down, lets put it that way. Which is a shame as we won't be playing Wham next year afterall.

I should have put money on who I tipped to go up.

Life in the first division for the seeable future for all Blades fans. Quite a shocking state of affairs at the Lane.

At least there will be two local games against our city rivals to look forward to, but thats about really.

Oh dear.

Great result from Norwich over 1p5wich( who have done the double over Cardiff, and won their last 4 games) last night sends them back to 2nd, sweating on the weekend results now.

Fantastic display and result from the Canary's

Home to Derby and Coventry, away to Portsmouth are the final 3 for them

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13076629.stm

Yes mate,

great result for the canaries, I really had hoped that your fiercest rivals would put up some kind of fight, but looking at the scoreline it would appear they either rolled over or you guys were brilliant.

Norwich were the only top 6 team to get a win this weekend . It's put paid to our automatic aspirations, and its now in your hands to miss out to Cardiff.

Our job is to finish fourth , then dispose of Swansea in the play-offs and then Cardiff in the final thus ensuring there are NO Welsh clubs in the Premier League next year :D

As far as Sheff Utd go, what can I say? I never thought they would end up in a relegation battle, but a win yesterday has given a glimmer of hope , but then Monday you come to the Mad Stad and will have to go for a win and end our 13 match unbeaten sequence, that will be tough as we also want the win.

Leeds have bottled it and I fancy either Forest or Burnley to gatecrash the play-offs.

You need to come into the play-offs on a good run, Cardiff are, Reading are, Swansea are not Leeds are not but Burnley are, they are the team to be feared most by us, did the double over Reading in the play-offs two years ago, but that season we only won 2 games between January and May, so that was no surprise, this year is different, and I fully expect us to win the play-off final having lost on our last two visits...third tume lucky :D

Pauly, if Reading beat the Blades on Monday it seals our fate and we are relegated :(

It all truth, the writing has been on the wall for some time this year, so it's not going to come as a shock.

Can't see Sheff Utd beating Reading away really :violin:

Edited by soihok

Pauly, if Reading beat the Blades on Monday it seals our fate and we are relegated :(

It all truth, the writing has been on the wall for some time this year, so it's not going to come as a shock.

Can't see Sheff Utd beating Reading away really :violin:

...and it would not surprise me if we fuked it up on Monday :annoyed:

13 match unbeaten streak....all these "runs" end sooner or later

I think it really depends on who wants it more.

Will be great to see Chris Armstong leading both teams out though, that should be the highlight of the day :) Hope there is a good turnout so he makes a fair bit of dosh :)

A great player for us in a short space of time, player of the year in his first season, surprised United let him go...but then again you got James Harper didn't you :o

I agree it would be good to see Chris lead both teams out, he was good team player during his time at the Lane and I am sad that his career has ended the way it has.

Sheff Utd. has had a policy as sell as many players as possible for the last couple of years, Chris was one of the players in line to go.

James Harper didn't really perform well I feel, at least during his time in the United team. Perhaps he needed a better company of players around him that were on parade up north.

I think that the hunger Reading have to progress towards the prem, plus given the fact that the team is miles better than the poor show on offer from Sheffield United, will see us bomb out Pauly.

Well its almost half time and I think its fair to say that we are down and out.

Terrible farce this season, truely depressing.

Good luck with the push to the prem Pauly.

Well mate, you got that as far wrong as you possibly could, told you I was worried about this game.

So well done, you live to fight another day, and even if you don't make it you can take a great deal of comfort that Leeds blew it :lol:

Can't belive that Darius (our old boy) had not scored all season then he gets two today !!!

Auto promotion is out of the question for us now, but just a point, maybe not even that if Forest don't win their last 2 games and we are in the mix. But after 8 wins in a row , we only have a point from the last 6 :( , so its squeaky bum time when we go into the play-offs in a couple of weeks, all depends on how we perform in the next 2 games.

I hope you don't go down, I know its a massive ask, but this performance should be classed as your best result of the season, you deserved it coming from 2-0 down , you had more possession throughout the match

I wish you guys well :D

TP

Cheers Pauly.

I honestly thought that was it at being 2 down away to Reading.

Why couldn't they have done this kind of thing earlier in the year?

It was a cracking game , listening to it on the internet, Far too exciting for a Monday night!!!!!!! What a great result, but with Leeds blowing it today at Palace really puts us in a position where we can only survive by overcoming a goal difference of 8 in two games.

Ain't going to happen is it?

But, after throwing the towel in early on this evening, anything is possible.

Cheers

Sheffield United relegated.

A really depressing year which has seen 4 different managers in charge, a stream of ( generally poor ) loan players and some dreadful signings. Topped off with our number one striker and number one central defender injured most of the season.

No investment into new players. It took until the end of the year for the bright youngsters to be introduced, but it was too late.

Division 1 it is next season.

All bar disaters its settled.

QPR Promoted alomg with either Cardiff or Norwich.

Play -offs Norwich or Cardiff

Swansea

Reading

Forest

May the best teams triumph, I would love to see Norwich get the other automatic spot, we may know the outcome of that this time tomorrow.

Reading are in poor form after our splendid run of 13 unbeaten came to an end at Leeds we have taken 2 points from 9.

Having said that our superstar Jimmy Kebe missed all those games through injury, if we can go out with a good performance against Derby next weekend and Kebe is back for the play-offs then we have as good a chance as anyone.

Bar the dsiaster of us losing at home to Derby and Forest winning next week we will be playing Swansea

Don't forget about the verdict of QPR's inquest this week.

Quite an eye opener after Neil Warnock and the Tevez affair.

Perhaps they won't be champions?

They will still go up, I expect they will receive a fine rather than a points reduction.

Don't forget about the verdict of QPR's inquest this week.

Quite an eye opener after Neil Warnock and the Tevez affair.

Perhaps they won't be champions?

They will still go up, I expect they will receive a fine rather than a points reduction.

proobly doing yourselves a right favour by getti nsennt down, as you started on about tevez and warnofk,

btw plymouth is near france, thats in europe overseas, and apperently do a tasty bowl of tripe,, www.heyupshite.com

Congratulations to Norwich on a fantastic season.

Forest to slip in through the play-offs ??

They have been too fickle and I have a sneaky feeling for Swansea now that Cardiff have blown the automatic place.

Edited by cardholder

Norwich up

I know how happy this makes you. :D

Congratulations, hope to see you there ourslves.

We are 5th and hope we stay there and play Swansea who are 4th. Over the last 9 years NO TEAM that has finished 4th has gone up. I say only 9 years as I can't find earlier stats than that.

3rd = 3 promotions

5th = 3

6th = 3

4th = 0 :)

Norwich up

I know how happy this makes you. :D

Congratulations, hope to see you there ourslves.

We are 5th and hope we stay there and play Swansea who are 4th. Over the last 9 years NO TEAM that has finished 4th has gone up. I say only 9 years as I can't find earlier stats than that.

3rd = 3 promotions

5th = 3

6th = 3

4th = 0 :)

Not going in a roll though, are you. The very good run has hit the buffers a bit. I think you need a good performace against Derby.

Coventry

0-0

(HT 0-0) Reading

o.gif

Reading

2-3

(HT 2-2) Sheff Utd

o.gif

Leeds

0-0

(HT 0-0) Reading

o.gif

Well done to Norwich, what a turn around the club has had over the last 5-6 years, from top to bottom and back to top again.

I'll be watching all the play off games on tv as they will be on here in Singapore.

I have a great hangover today, well done to Paul Lambert, he has been a real driving force for Norwich, hope we can hang on to him, Europa qualification the next target!!!!

Reading to win the pay-offs, after knocking out both the Welsh teams

Going to stick my neck out now for the third club to go up.

I would like Reading and Forest to go to Wembley to sort it out, but, I think that Cardiff will make it to the prem.

Sorry Pauly. It was the loss to our relegated team at the Mad Stad recently that sways it for me.

But hang on, QPR have to wait till Friday to hear what will be the outcome for doing dodgey deals. I really can't believe Neil Warnock is again involved in another third party owned player scandal, this time on the other side of the fence.

Funny old game.

Up The Blades.

Knuckle dusters being sharpened in the Welsh valleys? Would love to see a playoff final between those two! :D

i dont as them jack Bast@@rds seem to beat us all the time

Time will tell.

As pointed out to me (painfully) we really need to thump Derby at the weekend to re-ignite our tempo.

If we come out with a draw I will not be to optimistic of our chances.

Many people I know are tipping Forest now :(

Cardiff having been thumped at home by Boro is something they were not expecting at all and have to bounce back from that

Swansea put in a fine shift to see off Millwall's challenge last week and unless we lose to Deby they will be our first opponants, but I would rarther start with them than the other two and see what happens.