Uk Settlement Visa For Spouse

I have a few questions re settlement visa for spouse

Hi all

1. Is this the correct checklist ?

http://www.ukvac-th.com/images/Settlement-Spouse.pdf

I have another one which I downloaded some time ago which asks for the Thai Household registration book copy, but the one on the link above does not.

2. The checklist asks for original and photocopies "of documents listed above". This makes sense for things like marriage certificate, but do they also want originals and photocopies of things like

a) Sponsor letter

B) Bank statements (some are internet-downloaded anyway)

c) Letter from employer in UK

d) Letter from solicitor re:sale of house

d) photographs

e) copy of my passort - the checklist asks for the a certified copy, so does that mean they want the original certified copy with the writing of the person making the certification and also a photocopy ?

etc etc

In short do they basically want everything submtted in duplicate, including photographs, so they can keep a whole set of copies for their records ?

Also regarding my passport copy - on the checklist they just say "Certified copy of spouses passport as evidence that he/she is British or is settled in the UK". So this would just be the info page and there is no need for copies of pages with immigration stamps ? I remember I had to submit pages with Thai immigration stamps when we applied for a visitor visa, so it seems odd that they don't want it now.

Thanks in advance

SD

Moving to correct forum.

The link from the VAC website to the list is http://www.vfs-uk-th...ivilPartner.pdf , though your link leads back to the VAC too; strange. They do appear identical, though.

As well as the items on the list you should submit any other documents you think will help the ECO make the right decision.

They prefer the originals of all documents submitted, and if you want to ensure getting them back then you should submit copies as well; though this is not necessary for photographs.

Though not specifically asked for in a settlement application, it is a good idea to include a copy of the Thai entry and exit stamps in your passport to show when and how long you have visited as evidence of your relationship.

Putting it in will be useful as proof of address, especially in child applications to show that the child does live with the sponsoring parent. It's not essential for a spouse application.