Accommodation In Laos

Beside the Museum Asian Pavillion Hotel 450 bhat a night, but the air conditioners work and there is a restaurant attached. Half of the places recommended in the guidebooks do not offer what I would call half decent accomodation, the air conditioners are 40 years old they run, but do not work and most guest houses are run down.

Beside the Museum Asian Pavillion Hotel 450 bhat a night, but the air conditioners work and there is a restaurant attached. Half of the places recommended in the guidebooks do not offer what I would call half decent accomodation, the air conditioners are 40 years old they run, but do not work and most guest houses are run down.

We'll probably stat at the Asia Pavillion (formerly the Constellation) next trip last this month, just one night then heading upcountry. WiFi in the room for free, they said last time I passed by and asked. Good restaurant, farang food.

We usually stay at the Mali Namphu Guest House when in town: http://www.malinamphu.com/MSindex.htm

It's right close by the Nam Phu (the fountain) and right around the corner from the Khop Chai Deu Restaurant, a real farang local and traveler's hangout. One block on to the Mekong and the eateries on the river.

Mac

I am used to stay in http://www.aroonresidencehotel.com/roomrates.php , not the cheapest but very clean and hold what it promote. KIP 240,000 | USD 29 | THB 930 . In the Saylon Rd, (between Presidential Palace Ho Kham and Victory Monument, little bit hidden and very quiet. I found this after checking 3 found in Internet but all other was dirty, humide and only half sanitary functionned etc.!