New Lamai Happiness Walking Street

Is the beach road not public? I was wondering how a group of locals could close off the main access road to the establishments in Lamai and set up stalls in the middle of the street. Of course I am sure that people enjoy driving clear around the ring road to actually get into Lamai on Sundays now, but does anyone know if this is just a local bullying to try and work up some extra money or is this road actually owned by an individual?

Also, it's nice to see them putting up nice colorful signs all over the place which greatly enhances my Samui experience. In my view, you can't have enough gaudy signs up in a tropical beach island. I also enjoyed last Sunday's loud music until late at night. In my view, you can't have enough loud music playing late into the night in a tropical beach island.

Genius thinking : close of the main access area into the main area of Lamai and sell everything that you can get from the market on the street :/. Looks like some one thought they would try and do what the fishermans village is doing except catered entirely for the locals thais and not even considered the tourists and other residents of Lamai.

Genius thinking : close of the main access area into the main area of Lamai and sell everything that you can get from the market on the street :/. Looks like some one thought they would try and do what the fishermans village is doing except catered entirely for the locals thais and not even considered the tourists and other residents of Lamai.

"Consideration" has not evolved in the Thai gene pool yet. :rolleyes:

I suppose it is the norm. Someone has an idea that makes some money, everyone then copies it. Like 7/11, pharmacies, opticians etc etc. In a normal economy, it would last about 6 months, but over here ....... ???

When was the last time anyone saw a 'closing down sale' at a Family Mart?:lol: These places just seem to carry on breeding!

Since, as posted, the beach road is mostly one way going from the north road inward, blocking the beach road from its main and only northerly entrance endangers lives. An accident or, as recent events has shown, a heart attack, can be fatal with the new "Happiness" blockage. An emergency vehicle cannot take the direct route to one of the nearest hospitals.

So, if you have a serious medical problem in Lamai on Sunday, AND you think time may be of the essence, you are ! XXXXX

Edited by Rooo
Removed expletive. Rooo.

I suppose that problem, would be applicable to all, Bophut & Nathon to some extent. It would be highly difficult to get medical help there in the first place, let alone getting them to the hospital.

No one stops & think, about emergency vehicle access.

Edited by Rooo

Since, as posted, the beach road is mostly one way going from the north road inward, blocking the beach road from its main and only northerly entrance endangers lives. An accident or, as recent events has shown, a heart attack, can be fatal with the new "Happiness" blockage. An emergency vehicle cannot take the direct route to one of the nearest hospitals.

So, if you have a serious medical problem in Lamai on Sunday, AND you think time may be of the essence, you are ! XXXXX

That's it I am spending my weekends safe and sound on the Langham pontoon from now on.

I suppose that problem, would be applicable to all, Bophut & Nathon to some extent. It would be highly difficult to get medical help there in the first place, let alone getting them to the hospital.

That wouldn't even have been given a moments thought.

Is there a Thai phrase for Project Management???????

Is there a Thai phrase for Project Management???????

That's what the medical staff of Bangkok Samui discuss at each patients bedside. :ermm: