Accommodations In Chiang Mai For September

greytown

I'm coming to Chiang Mai in mid/late September for 3 weeks and I'm thinking to just pick a hotel (from a pre selected shortlist) once I get there. I'm guessing occupancy at the moment is really low so I shouldn't have any trouble getting a room anywhere? Also, does Thai immigration require you at entry to have a hotel reservation or a specific address for your stay? Thanks for any tips.

You should be able to just walk in. There is no line but to be on the safe side I would recommend to make a reservation. As for an address yes immigration do require an address on the landing card. Just give them the hotel that you have a reservation for. They seldom if ever check. Have a nice stay.

Yep, while easy to get it sorted on arrival (if on your own), always nice to have somewhere booked and chillout for a few days. Perhaps book a couple nights and then have a look around. Le Meridien may be doing their crazy deals again if you fancy luxury on the cheap. ;)

In the past, on the imm' card, I've simply put hotel and the name of the city.

I stayed at Chiang Mai Sawasdee Guest House a few months back and it was very comfortable. Sam, a Bangkok retiree opened just over a year ago and is a nice guy, speaks very good English. I spoke via email recently and he's very keen to do a deal. It's in the north of the old city well within the walls.

Try this link

http://www.chiangmai.../Hotspring.html

Edited by F4UCorsair

Yep, while easy to get it sorted on arrival (if on your own), always nice to have somewhere booked and chillout for a few days. Perhaps book a couple nights and then have a look around. Le Meridien may be doing their crazy deals again if you fancy luxury on the cheap. ;)

In the past, on the imm' card, I've simply put hotel and the name of the city.

Just had a meeting at Le Meridien. They have to make it cheap. From the moment you go in Black, Black, Black hit's you. No flower's staff all in Black. It's like a morgue. What a god forsaken hole. Sorry but that's the best thing's I can say about the place.

My rule has always been to give a medium priced hotel on that entry sheet - never a cheap guest house (because they might think that you are not a "quality" tourist) or expensive hotel (because they might not believe it).

You can always say that you thought you could get a room there and so did not make reservations in the unlikely event that they call the hotel.

photos07.jpgphotos08.jpg

photos09.jpgphotos10.jpg

photos06.jpg

Looks pretty swanky to me... would hardly call it a hole. I take it you're red-and-green-should-never-be-seen type or perhaps getting on in years?

Might look like that at night but they dont turn the light's on day time, and it's drab. I notice the staff have got white top's on now BLACK. And they show flower's, now gone, If your local go have a look. Was in there 12pm yesterday. Also the light's were off behind the reception. I just thought it was the worst hotel reception Ive ever been in in Thailand, or any where come to that, and no Im not old. Just well traveled.

Might look like that at night but they dont turn the light's on day time, and it's drab. I notice the staff have got white top's on now BLACK. And they show flower's, now gone, If your local go have a look. Was in there 12pm yesterday. Also the light's were off behind the reception. I just thought it was the worst hotel reception Ive ever been in in Thailand, or any where come to that, and no Im not old. Just well traveled.

Just well weathered. :D

Haven't been in since it opened. Perhaps they're trying to save dosh as I hear they're at 10% occupancy. Either way, doesn't sound great if they can't keep it looking how it should at all hours.

Yeah, the Gate's a good deal.

Chiang mai gate Hotel is ok free breakfast rooms at 1000baht a night, have been staying there for years and no problem. there website is Chiang Mai Gate Hotel.com

I have found that if you book your room at the Chiang Mai Gate Hotel thru one of the on-line booking sites you can save a couple hundred bhat per nite.