Computer Software Where To Buy

neverburi

Pantip Plaza has several shops selling official Microsoft software. Price higher than USA. You could buy the official version in USA at a shop offering good prices eg. Costco, Newegg.com.

An alternate way is have a friend buy (from good-price location) and email you the MS serial number then later airmail the sticker (all else in the box is trivia/trash). Then just borrow or download the software, or buy from Somchai Blackhat on the street, then install and legalize it with the proper MS serial number from the USA purchase.

Pantip Plaza has several shops selling official Microsoft software. Price higher than USA. You could buy the official version in USA at a shop offering good prices eg. Costco, Newegg.com.

An alternate way is have a friend buy (from good-price location) and email you the MS serial number then later airmail the sticker (all else in the box is trivia/trash). Then just borrow or download the software, or buy from Somchai Blackhat on the street, then install and legalize it with the proper MS serial number from the USA purchase.

This may not work if the serial number is country specific.

The surest way to ensure you are getting original software is to buy a cheap version. Install it then activate it or validate it. When it fails simply click on the resolve now option and pay MS direct. It is how I have gotten from XP to Vista and now 7. My friend paid 6500 baht for what he was told was genuine only for it to fail the WGA.

Order it directly on-line from Microsoft. That way you ensure you get the retail version. It gets shipped from Singapore. Sometimes Microsoft will give you a link to download the software and send you the product key in an email while you wait for the 'box' to arrive.

Many times if you buy the 'official' versions at Pantip, you get the OEM version which has to be used with a specific motherboard or computer and is not transferable. The retail version is transferable should you change computers or motherboard. Also the products sold in Thailand are usually more expensive than buying directly from Microsoft. Same thing with the cheap street copies, many times they are the OEM version. The product key you get from Microsoft may not activate it.

Or a mentioned before, buy the bootleg version, when you fail the 'Genuine Advantage' check. Microsoft usually offers you to upgrade to a genuine version at a discounted price. But again, the key they email you may not activate the bootleg version, you have to wait till you get the 'genuine' version in the box and reinstall the genuine version.

The key given by MS will work with any windows OS software. As said I have done it several times. They email you a key and post you a CD / DVD from Singapore.

Not true. The key I received from Microsoft would not activate my bootleg copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. I had to wait for the DVD to arrive and reinstall. The same was true with Windows XP Professional. Not all bootleg copies are the same.

Edited by BB1950