Sell Condo And Keep Fittings

My condo is on the market. I have an interested buyer but he wants a lower price. He is not interested in any of my furniture, fixtures and fittings since he is going to renovate it to his taste. He asked to talk about price and I can take away everything.

I mean, I am in the process of buying another condo myself, which I will renovate, so I can use everything which can be unscrewed. But legally, if I put on the contract that there are no fixtures and fittings in the deal, am I allowed to move everything which can be unscrewed, even down to little things like light switches, kitchen sink and sanitary fittings, for example?

I do not ask my lawyer since I am thinking of using my Thai wife to handle the sale contract.

Surely what you do or dont take is down to you and the buyer to agree ?

Exactly, in the sales agreement specify everything that is INCLUDED in the sale, and have a clause stating that any item not mentioned in the included list is NOT part of the agreement., quite simple actually.

Strictly speaking, items that are fixed and for the use of the space should not be classed as furnishing and fixtures that can be taken off prior to handing over the keys.

Examples of such fixed items are - built-in kitchen cabinets, countertop and built-in hood and hob, sink, built-in wardrobe and cupboards, sanitaryware, shower stall, bathtub, bathroom counter and basin, water/bath heater, cloth hook, toilet paper holder, towel bar, etc., and air-conditioners.

Items that can be removed are like refrigerator, microwave, washing machine, dishwasher, loose furniture, curtains and drapes (but not the rods), and other electrical goods.

I bought one condo unit where the seller took away the bath heater and left the feeding water pipe unplugged and resulted in wetting the whole bathroom when the water mains was turned on.

Edited by trogers

Strictly speaking, items that are fixed and for the use of the space should not be classed as furnishing and fixtures that can be taken off prior to handing over the keys.

Surely, that's why they're called 'fixtures'? Because they're 'fixed'?

Anyway, if the buyer is ripping it all out and the OP is re-fitting another place, he should just ask the buyer.

I went to look at a place to buy in France once and the seller had already moved out, took everything. By everything I mean the light switches, the door handles, the kitchen cupboards and the taps in the bathroom! :lol:

"I mean, I am in the process of buying another condo myself, which I will renovate, so I can use everything which can be unscrewed."

You going to renovate your new condo using an old toilet? That must be a very special toilet.