Englishman Killed In A Road Accident

AN Englishman on holiday here and out early evening looking to buy a bowl of noodle soup met his untimely death when a speeding pickup truck overtaking another vehicle hit the motorbike he was driving head-on recently in Bangrak.

The motorbike hit the truck's windscreen and Kevin Daryll McKeon, 36, was thrown on top of the vehicle.

http://news.samuiexp...d-accident.html

Edited by Rooo
Reduced news quotation " Fair quote ".Rooo.

And all the other daily deaths! We should have a thread detailing the daily traffic carnage on this island!

A good idea SE. Any thoughts on who would manage it and how?

Presumably Samui Rescue keep details of all the incidents they attend.

I had only just met Kevin the week before the accident and I know he will be greatly missed by all his family and many friends.

RIP mate.

... when a speeding pickup truck overtaking another vehicle hit the motorbike he was driving head-on recently in Bangrak.

I had this happen to me once on the ring road where even after the truck passed he stayed in our (2 of us on the bike) lane much longer than he needed. I remember he had a smile on his face right before I flipped him off.

... when a speeding pickup truck overtaking another vehicle hit the motorbike he was driving head-on recently in Bangrak.

I had this happen to me once on the ring road where even after the truck passed he stayed in our (2 of us on the bike) lane much longer than he needed. I remember he had a smile on his face right before I flipped him off.

i think this situation has happened to EVERY TV member who has driven on Koh Samui, its also not just pick up drivers ( even those they think they are untouchable ) but crazy teenagers on there bikes overtaking when there is clear trafficing heading thier way ( i have had to drive into the side of a road twice this month to avoid a head on with these maniacs )

but how to stop the situation ?, and i cant also help but blame the blessing of cars and the ' keep safe ' budda chains the teeangers where as they believe they keep them safe !

i think this situation has happened to EVERY TV member who has driven on Koh Samui, its also not just pick up drivers ( even those they think they are untouchable ) but crazy teenagers on there bikes overtaking when there is clear trafficing heading thier way ( i have had to drive into the side of a road twice this month to avoid a head on with these maniacs )

but how to stop the situation ?, and i cant also help but blame the blessing of cars and the ' keep safe ' budda chains the teeangers where as they believe they keep them safe !

Trucks overtaking here is scary. A few times been pushed off the road. They overtake and flash their lights at you like where the #### am I meant to go. More annoying its farang truck drivers I see more often than not doing this, I small amount of empathy for the ice vans etc.. - tight schedule / no education but the farangs need a beating.

• Like 1

They have been some posts on hear that whilst being correct should perhaps be left unsaid for the time being as this aweful incident has only recently happened and the bereaved are doubtless still trying to deal with their loss.

• Like 1

Please guys , let's get back on topic. this thread is for us to post our condolences.

If you wish to discuss the pros & cons of driving on the island fine, but have some respect for the deceased family & friends.

I am moving some of the posts to a dedicated topic Driving /Riding on the island.