A Good Carpenter....Do They Exist?

pingping

I am going to do a renovation on an old condo (I know I am a sucker for punishment) and looking for someone who knows how to work with wood.....there is a lot of teak and hard wood in it, so am looking for someone who knows what they are doing. Do they exist? I also plan on sellling quite a bit of the teak boards and have a lot of hard wood shingles....does anyone know if there is a market out there for this? And how to go about it.

thanks once again.......love this forum

We used a guy who used to fit furniture in hotels to make wardrobes and to cut up and remake an old wardrobe.. He's very good, reasonably priced but slow. Not sure if he could do very large work, like floors etc as he works alone -well with his wife who is not well.

If this is of interest PM me

Cheers

We used a guy who used to fit furniture in hotels to make wardrobes and to cut up and remake an old wardrobe.. He's very good, reasonably priced but slow. Not sure if he could do very large work, like floors etc as he works alone -well with his wife who is not well.

Cheers

hi,

Thanks for your reply, would you have his name and phone number and i will give him a call?

thanks again

Cheers

hi,

Thanks for your reply, would you have his name and phone number and i will give him a call?

thanks again

Send PM to msg362 for contact details

They do indeed exist. I found one near Phayao, where we are having a house built. I got him to build me some large gable louver vents per a sample I prefabbed to get the idea over. He did great. He not only had a table saw (of sorts....no tilt, but it could do some monster rips), but had a planner as well and could fit doors. Good luck on finding one in CM.....I am pretty sure they do exist all over the country. You just have to know someone that knows him/her....nah....this is frikken Thailand....HIM! Thairhone