Motorbike Rental Recommendations In Rawai/Nai Han

steelepulse

Make sure they bring a international license with them. If they are stopped with just a regular license from their country, they will likely be fined. Wear helmet at all times. Avoid swimming at beaches with red flags, especially Nai Harn, Karon, and Patong.

Make sure they bring a international license with them. If they are stopped with just a regular license from their country, they will likely be fined. Wear helmet at all times. Avoid swimming at beaches with red flags, especially Nai Harn, Karon, and Patong.

any MC license in english language is legal in LOS without being supported by IDP as long as they are here on touristvisa or entry stamp. If pulled over, sometimes BIB ask if its international, and they must confirm it is.

If they are stopped with just a regular license from their country, they will likely be fined.

Really not true..

IDP is good advice.. But police accept non IDP licenses at road blocks.

so do the insurance companies when you claim

The police here when i used my overseas license only look at the front

What i am allowed to ride/drive is on the back of the license.

If the insurance company checks your license and find you are not licensed

to ride a motorcycle they will not pay, but it may be different in Thailand.

A lot of tourists probably the majority don't have a bike license

Hi, Give Nan a call at Kuson Tours 081 892 0408. She speaks very good English and I have known her for 10 years and have rented bikes and cars from her. Her business is located inside the entrance to the Evason Resort & Spa - last business on the right just before the resort security gates. Tell her the woman who feeds the dogs at Rawai Temple sent you (sorry, won't put my name online)

Make sure they bring a international license with them. If they are stopped with just a regular license from their country, they will likely be fined.

That's horsesh*t, I've been riding around for five years with my U.S. license, when they stop me they look at it and like the hollogram feature. In 25-30 times whipping it out, never once fined for it.

Remind me not to be involved in an accident with you. Don't fancy my chances of claiming from your insurance....or maybe you don't think that's important either.

What insurance? Most vehicles/ bikes in LOS have no insurance, and IF they have compulsory insurance it covers like 50-60k medical tops and nothing else. So make sure you have your own 1st class insurance if you want to be covered

i've been driving here in Phuket now for a couple of years ......

Been checked at roadblocks in Chalon/Karon and Patong......

My employee badge has worked for me every time.....

cops say whats this i say its my companies world driving card....works everytime....

the cops just looking for helmets and something with a picture on it.....

Steeelpulse knows this already, but I can also confirm that the above in bold is not true, both in practice and official policy. Unless by international license you mean their home license, because in Thailand and many countries, for all intents and purposes, it is already an international license if it is in English and has a photo. An IDP is not needed here, but it won't hurt either. A tourist can use their home license if it is in English and has a photo. Technically it should be a motorcycle license if they are renting a motorbike, but that is generally not enforced if your on a rented 100-125cc motorbike. A big bike and it may be a different story. Once you become a resident, then you need a Thai drivers license.

The other stuff is very good advice.

And steele, I have a British friend that rents motorbikes. Give me a bell and I will put you in touch.