My Friends Think I Might Have Dengue?

jkzero

so i have flu like symptoms for a few days, snotty, sore through, coughing, fever, aches n pains.. now all the flu symptoms are good except for the fact i'm still having fevers and feel pretty drained / lethargic.. i dont feel *that* sick and think i'm slowly getting better, there's been no rash or anything, do i need to get checked out? and where's the cheapest place to do it?

well i'm just askin for info really.. i dont know jack about dengue, i dont think it exists in sydney where i live. that said, even if i do have dengue, if i'm not that sick there's not much the doctors will do other than add me to their stats so what's the point in going?!

Boater - i did figure i'd be a lot sicker if i really had dengue.. but not having any experience or knowledge i thought i'd ask around.

if i was at home in australia, with the symptoms i have now, i wouldn't be rushing to the doctor, i'd be staying at home in bed til i was better.. but people are making me paranoid.

Edited by jkzero

i did figure i'd be a lot sicker if i really had dengue..

When I had Dengue, I was at Patong Hospital for a first check. They just gave me Paracetamol, because two of their schoolbook symptoms were missing. Feeling miserable after 2 more days, I went to town for a blood check, and they kept me there immediately. 4 days later I went home again, feeling ok. It was a bit more than Para.. to get healed. Better have a good check than feel sorry later, believe me.

well i'm just askin for info really.. i dont know jack about dengue, i dont think it exists in sydney where i live. that said, even if i do have dengue, if i'm not that sick there's not much the doctors will do other than add me to their stats so what's the point in going?!

Boater - i did figure i'd be a lot sicker if i really had dengue.. but not having any experience or knowledge i thought i'd ask around.

if i was at home in australia, with the symptoms i have now, i wouldn't be rushing to the doctor, i'd be staying at home in bed til i was better.. but people are making me paranoid.

Unfortunately I have had it several times (3) and the intensity was different each time.

Monitor your fever and maintain your electrolytes as a priority. If you are in doubt seek medical assistance immediately. Not all cases of dengue are hemorrhagic but then again most ashume Dengue Fever even when the symptoms do not match.

I'm just out of case of flue myself, pretty nasty one but in 2006 when I got duenge, I was far more affected than this normal flue.

Now I have the same symptoms as you described with a serious dry cough and a sore throat.

Has taken me 1 1/2 week to recover.

In doubt, go and see a doctor.

A friend of mine went through the same things. He would get sick, then feel better, then get sick again. I kept nagging him to go the hospital for a blood test. Eventually he got very sick and went. Turned out it was dengue all along and the remission then resumption is typical.

Did every bone in your body ache the first few days? If so u have dengue, if not than its the flu.

Last year i had dengue and god it hurt, pain everywhere, no sleep, no appetite and fever up and down. Went to Bangkok -phuket hospital and they also wanted me to stay and i asked why? they said to monitor me, I said no, if i get worse i can always come back

Even if u have dengue there is no cure other than rest and plenty of liquds and valiums to help sleep.