Staying With Gf For 3 Months

Just need to clarify a few points before submitting my 60 day Tourist Application.

I'll be coming to Thailand again in October and will be staying with my GF for 3 months. I've already purchased the flight which shows my arrival and departure dates with the latter being in January 2011. Since it's a cheap flight, I can't change the dates now.

1. My first question is, in the "Proposed address field", should I put her name on the application form, or is just her address sufficient?
  2. If I put her name, am I going to be asked to provide a photocopy of her ID etc.?
  3. In the "Purpose of visit" field, should I write "Holiday" as the reason, or would "Visit girlfriend" be better?
  4. In the "Duration of proposed stay", should I write "60 days" and then in brackets add "plus 30 day extension", or just leave it at 60 days? If I leave it at 60 days, is this likely to cause a problem since my flight shows I'll be staying 90 days? I'm assuming here that I'm going to be asked to provide proof of my return flight.
  5. Does she become the "Local guarantor" if I stay with her, or just I just fill in "Self".
  6. If I fill in "Self", should I write down her address, or my home address?
  7. Should the apartment owner (not her) inform the Immigration authorities that I'm staying there when I arrive? In that respect, he doesn't know I'm coming yet.

I have a good record as regards past visits and have always left Thailand on time before. Is this likely to count in my favour, or arouse suspicion because instead of leaving within the normal 30 days, I'm now going to be staying 3 months, but won't be residing in a hotel.

Thanks in advance.

1. Her adress will do, 2. you will not be asked for a copy of her ID card, 3. either will do, 4. 90 days will do (as that is what your ticket says), 5. self will do, 7 depends on the placce (t.he owner will know if he has to or not) 8. No.

I general it helps when peope state their nationailty and where they will be applying for a visa.

• 2 weeks later...

It means you can use the same visa for two entries just as if it were two visas in your passport as long as both entries are made in the validity of the visa.

You can leave anytime and return for a new 60 day visa entry or you can extend your entry and then return for a new 60 days and extend again if you want maximum time.

It means you can use the same visa for two entries just as if it were two visas in your passport as long as both entries are made in the validity of the visa.

You can leave anytime and return for a new 60 day visa entry or you can extend your entry and then return for a new 60 days and extend again if you want maximum time.

OK, understood, thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Just another quickie if I may. How much notice does Thai Immigration require to extend a Tourist visa by another 30 days?

Presumably the extension begins when the Tourist visa expires.

You can get the 30 day extension anytime before the initial 60 days end, that gives you a total of 90 days in Thailand per entry. Visa expiration date is separate issue. Your second entry into Thailand, for your two journey visa, must be made before the visa expiration date.

Edited by InterestedObserver

Just another quickie if I may. How much notice does Thai Immigration require to extend a Tourist visa by another 30 days?

Presumably the extension begins when the Tourist visa expires.

You can get the 30 day extension anytime before the initial 60 days end, that gives you a total of 90 days in Thailand per entry. Visa expiration date is separate issue. Your second entry into Thailand, for your two journey visa, must be made before the visa expiration date.

I don't think I'll be leaving actually, so I'll just apply for the extension a week or so before the visa expires.

Thanks anyway.