Suicidal Italian Remarkably Survives 6-Storey Fall In Pattaya

webfact

Suicidal Italian Remarkably Survives 6-Storey Fall

PATTAYA: -- An Italian national has attempted suicide in Pattaya on Sunday. The man, suffering from a suspected mental condition, jumped off a 6-storey building in Naklua, surviving after landing on the roof of a neighbouring house.

Pattaya, the 15th of August 2010 [PDN]: At approximately 5:30pm on Sunday, Lieutenant Colonel Pratheep Thongdee (Pattaya Police Investigator) was notified of an attempted suicide involving a foreigner at the Thai U-dom Apartment in Soi Thai U-dom Naklua.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-08-16

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Jeez.. what's it come to, when even the scrappy Thai motoci-taxi/hitmen have gotten so (typically) lazy, that they don't even give a bloke a decent "suicidal" shove off a balcony in Pattaya..?? I mean, if not in Pattaya, then where CAN you really go now, to receive a decent push off a building? Is NOTHING (not ever murder-for-hire), worth doing well, to these people? :blink:

Ok, ok.. calm down!.. Not all Thai's (and certainly not all Thai hitmen) are lazy, of course.. and all kidding aside; we may be glad that this guy survived his fall.. but just remember, if it really was his dying wish, to DIE, then HE may not be nearly as glad of the "remarkable" survival of his intended last leap, as some people here seem to be.

Perhaps, that's too macabre for some.. but.. it's possible he'd really just had enough, and wanted "out".

I mean.. not EVERY highrise terrace-leaper in Pattaya is getting an unwanted assisted-shove off into thin air.. or ARE THEY?? :unsure: hehe

reason for edit: Awww.. how CUTE; this was my 100th post!! :partytime2: I gotta celebrate!! (away from any roofs)

Edited by SiangDeeMahk

Aww comon, you think he didn't see the 2 or 3 story building that he landed on. Jumping from the "6th floor" (which is actually only 5 floors up, and would be called the 5th floor in the UK) onto the roof of a 2-3 story building would only mean a fall of 15-25 feet. There were 3 other sides to that building if he really wanted to end it all rather than send out a plea for attention....

Shocking and I hope the gentleman recovers and gets the assistance he needs.

Do these incidents also happen in the same numbers in Bangkok and Phuket? I have been living in Bangkok for a couple of months and not read of one incident like this, but in Pattaya they seem to happen almost weekly.

Aww comon, you think he didn't see the 2 or 3 story building that he landed on. Jumping from the "6th floor" (which is actually only 5 floors up, and would be called the 5th floor in the UK) onto the roof of a 2-3 story building would only mean a fall of 15-25 feet. There were 3 other sides to that building if he really wanted to end it all rather than send out a plea for attention....

You actually think only falling 15-25 feet wouldnt kill you !!!:blink: .......a fall from 6" can kill you if you land wrong....somehow dont think it was "a plea for attention"......misthought out maybe but certainly not a plea for attention...:ermm: