Is There A Gadget Like An E Reader

jaideeguy

The title says it all. Would be a great little gadget. No need for internet connectivity.....would just like to play avi, divx, mkv and other popular formats as well as being a versital e reader and be able to read img, pdf and other txt files. plus being small and lite.

Does such an animal exist??

What size screen are you looking for?

Most portable video players (iPAD, touch, zune, archos, iriver, et al.) eschew the USB for obvious reasons (power consumption, battery life) opting instead to allow the user to move files from a desktop to the device.

There are a ton of products but the market is fragmented and segmented between tablets, smartphones, dedicated media platforms and gaming platforms.

Crossy, that archos 7 looks like a cool tool, but a bit pricey. The internet connectivity is a plus, but not necessary What i would like is simply a reader with a screen 7inch+. Or something like those elcheapo DVD players, but doesn't need the DVD function.....just a USB input and format versitility. A txt reader would be a big plus if could be used as a lite ereader.

Crossy, that archos 7 looks like a cool tool, but a bit pricey. The internet connectivity is a plus, but not necessary What i would like is simply a reader with a screen 7inch+. Or something like those elcheapo DVD players, but doesn't need the DVD function.....just a USB input and format versitility. A txt reader would be a big plus if could be used as a lite ereader.

I have a Sony PRS 600 as a e-Reader. I didn't use it much due to the resolution and contrast of the ereader. But now I have an iPad. I think that is the best gadget you can get for now. It's really quite a perfect thin client.