Anyone Have Up To Date Road Conditions To Rayong?

Zzinged

If anyone has any up-to-date info on the conditions, I'd be much obliged if you let me know here :)

The main routes I'll be taking outside of the (ugh) Bang Na - Trat highway are the 344 and the 3164. Any info would be appreciated!

I drove there last week via Bangna-Trat. Did not use the overheard toll way. There are some re-surfacing, about 5 km stretch, near the BangPaKong river (before Chonburi). Other than that, it is fine. I like to drive under the toll way because it provide shade. I don't know if motocycle is allowed? You might need to use the frontage road. I don't know. I don't own a bike, yet.

I drove there last week via Bangna-Trat. Did not use the overheard toll way. There are some re-surfacing, about 5 km stretch, near the BangPaKong river (before Chonburi). Other than that, it is fine. I like to drive under the toll way because it provide shade. I don't know if motocycle is allowed? You might need to use the frontage road. I don't know. I don't own a bike, yet.

OP, I just drove there today and back, took Bangna Trat also. I drive it at least once a week. It is getting better under the tollway, and you can drive under there with a bike, especially big bikes. Still very much a rollercoaster ride, but it is better to the far left. But do watch out, right where the roadway meets up with the tollway in Chonburi, I have seen the BIB lately. Just be prepared.

Cheers

Thanks everyone for the info!

floridaguy could you give me a bit more info on where you saw the BiB? I'm of 2 minds when it comes to using the road under the tollway... sometimes the frontage road is just too crowded with songtaews stopping and buses and taxis and everything else, but on the other hand I wouldn't want to run into a proper police checkpoint under the tollway; any BiB there in a large group must surely be on a mission.

floridaguy could you give me a bit more info on where you saw the BiB? I'm of 2 minds when it comes to using the road under the tollway... sometimes the frontage road is just too crowded with songtaews stopping and buses and taxis and everything else, but on the other hand I wouldn't want to run into a proper police checkpoint under the tollway; any BiB there in a large group must surely be on a mission.

Sorry, what exactly is a BiB?

Try google, found nothing matching http://www.google.co.th/search?hl=th&defl=en&q=define:bib

Zzinged, it is just where the elevated Bangna-Trat highway ends in Chonburi. The elevated highway comes down to meet the roadway underneath. You will see the large sign saying Welcome to Chonburi just ahead of where they usually are. Just past, there is a small complex with a Tesco, McDonald's, etc on the left. I THINK this is the coordinate location, but I may be wrong. 13.416859,100.99327

Yesterday, they were not there, but I have seen them there many times. Also, I saw them for the first time on the road in front of Pinthong Industrial Park. Never seen any BIB there in a year and a half.

I am going back next Tuesday or Wednesday, I will keep you posted.