What Is With All The Attempted Rape On Thai Tv

Chunky1

Just an observation. The 'rape fantasy' seems to be more popular in Asia (Thailand/Japan) than the West. It seems like every Thai show that I catch a glimpse has the inevitable bad guys have spiked an innocent girl's drink and are going to carry her into their van or innocent girl is riding her bicycle home and is going to be carried into the woods.

yeh I asked my gfriend about that a month ago. The scene was a guy had spiked a girls drink and was undressing ready to do the act but the spiking didnt work and the girl was pretending and playing along with it until the last moment. She then woke up and a sort of comedy scene evolved from it. I asked my gfriend what she thought. I said about the mans intent not being something to joke about but the reply was that it was acceptable tv because the girl knew what he was trying to do therefore not serious. At that point I gave up.

I dunno sometimes Asian ways really confuse me.

Last week there was a rape scene when a young lady walking out of a shower was grabbed by a man from behind. For the benefit of censorship the lady was meant to be nud_e but we could only see her head and shoulders. Again for censorship reasons the guy obliged by wrapping the girl in a large bath towel that had a huge coca cola icon printed on it. Then he took the girl behind a wall and everyone could guess what was happening.

I thought, what a great way to promote a product, violence, rape and coca cola. Well, rape can be thirsty work and what better way is there then to begin your sexual assault with an ice cold refreshing glass of coke.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

Last week there was a rape scene when a young lady walking out of a shower was grabbed by a man from behind. For the benefit of censorship the lady was meant to be nud_e but we could only see her head and shoulders. Again for censorship reasons the guy obliged by wrapping the girl in a large bath towel that had a huge coca cola icon printed on it. Then he took the girl behind a wall and everyone could guess what was happening.

I thought, what a great way to promote a product, violence, rape and coca cola. Well, rape can be thirsty work and what better way is there then to begin your sexual assault with an ice cold refreshing glass of coke.

lol, I literally laughed out loud at that one... Thai TV is on the mental plane of a teenager; it's some of the sappiest, artificial, amateur programming I've ever seen...

Does anybody's Thai wife think its a load of <deleted> with awful acting?? My wife of course loves that crap :bah:

My gf thinks it's <deleted>... she couldn't get the words out but I knew she meant 'overly-sappy', 'melodramatic', etc. The Chinese legend ones with the horrible costumes (pig man) and 1980's special effects, and the Korean dramas, get watched much more than Thai shows.

It's not only the acting that has something to be desired on Thai TV, but some of the technical things amaze me. Thai news when they have the reporters are all crammed into the doorway of a room where a murder took place. Or showing ID cards of people and license plates of cars of suspects before they are proven guilty in court???? Or the show "At Ten" where they interview people. The camera men shoot from the strangest angles, through glass tables, from behind the host, it's crazy.

what is it with farangs adminiting that their wifes spend their days watching those tv shows..

You are basically just telling us how lowly educated and dumb your wives are..

I would never be with someone who even enjoys it sometimes.

it's like someone who watches jerry springer and maurry 24/7.. once a month ok.. for lol's.. but more? you've got a problem up there.

The Thais I work with all have a minimum Bachelor's Degree, many have a Masters Degree a handful have MBAs and about 70% have either studied or worked in a professional role overseas.

Nearly all watch Thai soap operas.

So where do you get the idea that watching Thai soaps is only for the uneducated dummies?

what is it with farangs adminiting that their wifes spend their days watching those tv shows..

You are basically just telling us how lowly educated and dumb your wives are..

I would never be with someone who even enjoys it sometimes.

it's like someone who watches jerry springer and maurry 24/7.. once a month ok.. for lol's.. but more? you've got a problem up there.

The Thais I work with all have a minimum Bachelor's Degree, many have a Masters Degree a handful have MBAs and about 70% have either studied or worked in a professional role overseas.

Nearly all watch Thai soap operas.

So where do you get the idea that watching Thai soaps is only for the uneducated dummies?

Straight out of his "Thai Culture for dummies" book by the looks of it :lol:

Does anybody's Thai wife think its a load of <deleted> with awful acting?? My wife of course loves that crap :bah:

My wife reckons it is hilarious that I waste so much time reading such crap on Thai Visa. ;)

Edited by jackspratt

My wife reckons it is hilarious that I waste so much time reading such crap on Thai Visa. ;)

That's generous of your wife. Mine gets downright angry at times. :ph34r:

More worrying than the portrayal of attempted rapes, which at least are representative of the experience many Thai women suffer, is the common story line where the woman is stalked or worse still imprisoned by a guy who she detests but eventually comes round to falling in love with him - What kind of message is that meant to send I wonder.

More worrying than the portrayal of attempted rapes, which at least are representative of the experience many Thai women suffer, is the common story line where the woman is stalked or worse still imprisoned by a guy who she detests but eventually comes round to falling in love with him - What kind of message is that meant to send I wonder.

That rape and abduction is romantic?

So does mine. And so do my teen daughters sad.gif

That is why I now seriously consider getting a second True access point so I can watch TV too ph34r.gif

That rape and abduction is romantic?

Keep watching , you may latch onto it one day LOL

Andrew Biggs summarised the phenomenon nicely recently in one of this columns.

It's a little taboo, but to "blum" is kind of between consentual and rape....often when both meet drunk at a club (think RCA, JJ, Suthisan) and both are attracted to each other, they go back to the guy's pad and the girl is a little too drunk to resist or maybe reluctant, and the guy is fairly forceful in what he wants to happen. After that, the girl expects him to be a boyfriend, and if the girl was out of his league before...after that she feels a moral duty to accept him as a boyfriend!

Amazing Thailand. Maybe different from some scenes in soaps but I'm sure there is some commonality there with real life.

that is from the bald English teacher celebrity? It's written poorly and it's also very creepy. And what is he basing it on? Again, super creepy.

and i dont get why this guy would comment on such a topic given his persona.

Edited by Chunky1

If at first you don`t succeed, try, try again.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Thai hierarchical submission?