All Is Well In Thailand?

phetaroi

Correct in fact most Thais only read comic books actually, so until the news is being talked about by cartoon characters forget about the Thais reading it.

This comment gives me an opportunity to say something good about Thailand and Thais. While I sort of agree with an implication that the lower the economic standing of a person, the lower level reading they do...if any, I think you ought to walk around a few of the big book stores in Bangkok and see that customers are primarily Thai. I don't know, I tended to hang around well-educated Thais who did a fair amount of reading, some of it quite technical.

The issue fredom seems to have surfaced in the thread.

So what is best?

Being cencored (Thailand), or surveiled (US, UK, Etc)?

By that I mean:

Sites one can not access because they are blocked.

Or,

your e-mails, SMS', phone calls are listened to (and read), and if you use the word, bomb, muslim, islam, president, queen, etc, you end up on the short list to be watched, on the tax payers expences, in the name of national security. Visas will be denied of course.

We talk about the lesser evil I guess.

I think you ought to walk around a few of the big book stores in Bangkok and see that customers are primarily Thai.

Hey, that explains why there aren't that many Japanese customers in an Icelandic book store! Thanks for pointing that out!

Correct in fact most Thais only read comic books actually, so until the news is being talked about by cartoon characters forget about the Thais reading it.

This comment gives me an opportunity to say something good about Thailand and Thais. While I sort of agree with an implication that the lower the economic standing of a person, the lower level reading they do...if any, I think you ought to walk around a few of the big book stores in Bangkok and see that customers are primarily Thai. I don't know, I tended to hang around well-educated Thais who did a fair amount of reading, some of it quite technical.

The Thais you are hanging with / stalking probably have a comic book inside the cover of their "technical" book they are pretending to read and I would not call the True vision magazine technical. On a positive note however Thai's are smarter than Malaysians who are dumb as dirt .

When you're looking for negatives you will find them.

Yes, that's very true. I'm glad you concur that the negatives are, indeed, there. As well as the positives.

No, I'm saying that perceived negatives are everywhere.

yermanee