Deposit To A Third Party In Thailand If No Official Escrow Companies ?

frenchfarangjomtien

Deposit to a third party in Thailand if no official Escrow companies ?

How to pay deposit to someone for condo purchase without risk ?

Hello,

Do you know how i could give a deposit to a third party in Thailand if official Escrow companies do not exist ? I don't want to send a deposit to a seller who might never show up to close the deal.

Do you know any reliable lawyer who would keep 100000 thb deposit and give it to the seller when the deal is done or give me back (risk again :-) ) if the seller doesn't sell finally.

Maybe any lawyer would do that, but how much would they charge for this service ? And which one have you ever used ?

More explanations: I want to buy a condo but the seller is not in Thailand now and asked to give a deposit, but knowing that even any document signed by both parties doesn't give any garranty here i won't pay anything directly to the seller, so how to do ?

Thanks.

Well think you have highlighted a key phrase.....reliable lawyer in Thailand.....:whistling:

I would guess this could be done at one of the bigger/international law firms, but you would have to get the seller to agree first.

I think you are very wise not to be depositing cash in anyones account in Thailand directly...

Edited by Soutpeel

Thank you for reply, and yes, i am not a newbie about Thai biz and law, and knowing that i could be very very hot temper if anyone would try to cheat me, i prefer to avoid me years in jail by not taking any risk to be cheated...

Just from reading the part in red font above suggests that Thailand is not a place you should consider living in. :jap:

Thank you for reply, and yes, i am not a newbie about Thai biz and law, and knowing that i could be very very hot temper if anyone would try to cheat me, i prefer to avoid me years in jail by not taking any risk to be cheated...

Just from reading the part in red font above suggests that Thailand is not a place you should consider living in. :jap:

No, really, i still love Thailand after many years and most of the people are ok, but it's true that i also hardly give them a chance to cheat...

Love it or leave it :-)