Free Month From Ais 3G ;-)

Drew Aitch

Hi Forum

I don't really expect there will be a gratis month from AIS 3G despite their service being a bit hit and miss these past few weeks. But I haven't been billed this month yet, and usually it comes around the 12th of the month and has to be paid by the 26th at the latest.

I will pop down there tomorrow just in case it got lost in the post, but am just curious as to whether any of you guys that use them have been billed yet? It's my guess that late payment will result in some penalty, so best not to wait for them just in case.

If there is anyone else waiting, I'll report back on the delay tomorrow, but then again, it might just be an issue with my billing.

Cheers

Aitch

Alas, wishful thinking. I received my bill from them right on schedule and had to pay before the 26th of this month. Maybe next month, or the next perhaps, or the next or . . . .

Ahhh, fair enough widget. If you got your bill on time, them i guess it's just a case of lost in the post then.

Cheers

Aitch

If you enrolled on AIS e-service, they email and SMS the bill amount to you.

Just got both an SMS for my AIS 3G and an email for my current bill cycle.

BTW, they just gave me a 7% discount on my bill for being on e-service.

Not much, but essentially they are paying the Thai VAT.

I don't really expect there will be a gratis month from AIS 3G despite their service being a bit hit and miss these past few weeks.

how bad was it? i might nget it these days, as my 3bb line is useless 50% of the time. problem is i need a very stable connection, doesnt have to be fast though

Well, I'm using 3G on the one year buy-a-router for 5400 and get 12 months of 5gb included plan.

My service this last month has had hiccups, coughs, sneezes, and sometimes arrests.

If you think of it, you might ask if I get an extra month. Also, if I get the same rate next year.

(I am not holding my breath.)

Well, I'm using 3G on the one year buy-a-router for 5400 and get 12 months of 5gb included plan.

My service this last month has had hiccups, coughs, sneezes, and sometimes arrests.

If you think of it, you might ask if I get an extra month. Also, if I get the same rate next year.

(I am not holding my breath.)

I have been on their AIS 3G air card 30GB at 1500 baht a month going on a year. Starting about the time of a certain BBQ in Bangkok AIS service started to go down hill but I still find it better than most ISPs. Yes there are hiccups and sneezes but I guess I'll stick with them until this "auction" gets sorted out.

gotlost

Yes, overall I've apparently been better off than many posters - and the last weeks seems to be difficult for many of us.

And the auction will eventually lead to something; I've just been disappointed recently although living with a rare bargain. Can't think what I'd do with 30GB, but might go for that if it continues.

gotlost

Yes, overall I've apparently been better off than many posters - and the last weeks seems to be difficult for many of us.

And the auction will eventually lead to something; I've just been disappointed recently although living with a rare bargain. Can't think what I'd do with 30GB, but might go for that if it continues.

I was grandfathered in on the 30GB. 2 months after the promo the best you can do is 10GB for 1700 baht. Even thought I only use about 10GB a month because of the price I stay on my old plane as long as I pay by the 28th of each month. I pay by top up cards from 7-11.

how much is monthly service, instead of running to 7-11 every week or 2?

It's free.

But for post paid plans. I pay by credit card, or a debit from my BBL acct online.

If you are on the top up as you go plan (pre pay), I don't know whether e-service is available .

Best suggestion is go to AIS main office on Thapae Road and ask them.

You must be out in the wilderness....there's a 7/11 every 100 yards it seems.

There's no 7/11 option with AIS 3G unfortunately. You have to drag your arse down to the office and pay. I have asked, and they confirmed that no 7/11 options of payment are available. I can't speak for their other packages of course.

I was on my way out this morning to pay the bill and find out if they had in fact sent this month's out or not. It was sitting in my pigeon hole as i walked out from the elevator with the Pay By Date for tomorrow. Must have arrived in the morning!

Aitch

You must be out in the wilderness....there's a 7/11 every 100 yards it seems.

There's no 7/11 option with AIS 3G unfortunately. You have to drag your arse down to the office and pay. I have asked, and they confirmed that no 7/11 options of payment are available. I can't speak for their other packages of course.

I was on my way out this morning to pay the bill and find out if they had in fact sent this month's out or not. It was sitting in my pigeon hole as i walked out from the elevator with the Pay By Date for tomorrow. Must have arrived in the morning!

Aitch

So I guess I'm just dreaming that I go to 7-11 buy 1500 baht of credit and input to my account online?:blink: OK

So I guess I'm just dreaming that I go to 7-11 buy 1500 baht of credit and input to my account online?:blink: OK

That's a bit of a unnecessary response don't you think? I can't remember having a pop at you or insinuating you, or anyone else here, was making stuff up about the options of paying at 7/11!

I said that I have no option with my AIS 3G package to pay at any 7/11 store. I asked when I signed up and they said NO, and I asked again when some on the forum said it's possible, and I still got told that with my package I have to pay at their office, and settling the bill at 7/11 was not an option.

That's all I know, and I can't speak for how you pay your bills, nor do I think you are making stuff up for the sake of controversy. All I know is what I've been told, and just like you, I'm not dreaming either!!!!

Aitch

That's a bit of a unnecessary response don't you think? I can't remember having a pop at you or insinuating you, or anyone else here, was making stuff up about the options of paying at 7/11!

I said that I have no option with my AIS 3G package to pay at any 7/11 store. I asked when I signed up and they said NO, and I asked again when some on the forum said it's possible, and I still got told that with my package I have to pay at their office, and settling the bill at 7/11 was not an option.

That's all I know, and I can't speak for how you pay your bills, nor do I think you are making stuff up for the sake of controversy. All I know is what I've been told, and just like you, I'm not dreaming either!!!!

Aitch

Sorry about that DA. Did not meant it as an insult. When I signed up a year ago the did offer an either or for the air card. The reason I took the Air card over the modem was portability for travel and at that time AIS required proof of residence. Like an idiot I did not have my Passport or house book with me but they accepted my Thai driver license as proof for the air card and the air card you could pay by the top up cards. The modem they said had to be billed. So I do have the option to go into the main office (not a satellite office, no clue) or top up 7-11.:wai:

Sorry about that DA. Did not meant it as an insult. When I signed up a year ago the did offer an either or for the air card. The reason I took the Air card over the modem was portability for travel and at that time AIS required proof of residence. Like an idiot I did not have my Passport or house book with me but they accepted my Thai driver license as proof for the air card and the air card you could pay by the top up cards. The modem they said had to be billed. So I do have the option to go into the main office (not a satellite office, no clue) or top up 7-11.:wai:

That's okay gotlost. It's not always easy to interpret the written word as it's actually intended, and your post came across as a kind of; "Are you calling me a liar?" type of response, which I'm sure wasn't the intention.

It's a pain in the arse not being able to pop along to the 7/11 on the corner here to pay the bill, and I'm still not sure why it can't be done on my particular package.

I'd love to get TRUE back after 3 years of fast and stable internet connection, but they're still a few hundred meters away from me. They were supposed to reach this end of the street by May this year, but like most things 'infrastructure', it hasn't yet materialised.

Aitch

It's my understanding that AIS 3G (GSM Advance) started out as a post-paid only deal.

I know because I went down the week they rolled out in CM 2+ years ago, and had a h_ll of a time getting signed up. At that time they insisted on farang having a current work permit to sign up for a billed (post-paid) acct. I twisted some arms and got on board as I had a BBL gold visa card they could auto debit for payment.

I think that after a while they figured they were shooting themselves in the foot with the insistence on post-paid/billed accts only. So when they rolled out the deal with the modem that gotlost bought, the option of a pre-pay/top up acct was added. BTW, the price for his modem was 3990; I payed 5990 for my flash drive modem, a year earlier. Such is life when being an early adopter I guess.....:lol:

So far, except for brief glitches or occasional go-slow times, it has worked well for me.

But as the saying goes, your mileage may vary.

can anyone tell me where exactly the AIS office is? all i find is, that it is on thapae road. thanks!

and it was the same, they want a work permit for postpaid contract

Soi 2 and Tha Pae Road. 4 story gray building on the southwest corner .No you do not need a work permit. They will except marriage and retirement extension.