Acer Warranty

keemble

a friend of mine has an acer laptop with a bad hard drive(lot of bad sectors) which is still within the 1 year warranty period.how long will it take for them to replace the bad hard drive?will they charge a fee?i know it should be free but i don't know about the labor.can i bring it to the acer office in pantip 1st floor right side for warranty?

Acers are not exactly the best quality laptops (the budget models), but this is normally made up for through their usually excellent warranty support.

How long the repair takes will depend a bit on what your friend wants, if they just have to replace the drive, after which your friend installs the OS and the programs himself, it should be done pretty much on the spot.

If the laptop came with a genuine OS, and he wants the service center to install everything again, it'll take a bit longer.

It should be totally free!

There's several service centers in Bangkok:

Bangkapi - Thailand

Acer Service Center

2408 Ladpraow Road ,

Khet Wangtonglang

Bankok 10310 , Thailand

Tel: 66-2-934-2190

Fax: 66-2-934-3194

IT Mall, Bangkok - Thailand

Acer Service Center

Fortune Town Center

7 Fortune TownTower, 3 rd Floor,

Room no. 3P83-3C84, Ratchadapisek

Dindang, Bangkok

Tel: 66-2-642-1288-90

Fax: 66-2-642-1288-90 press 106

Seacon Square, Bangkok - Thailand

Acer Service Center

Room No. ITB20, Floor B1

904 Srinakarin Road,

Nongbon Prawet, Bangkok

Tel: 66-2-721-9877

Fax: 66-2-721-9879

Bangkok - Thailand (Headquarter)

Acer Service Center

338, 338/1-2 Nanglinchee Road,

Chongnonsee, Yannawa, Bangkok 10120

Tel .66-2-685-4311

Fax: 66-2-685-4377

Is this Bangkok or Chiang Mai? There is an Acer on the ground floor in both. If Chiang Mai go to Acers authorized repair center just past canal road on the right hand side on Kat Suan Kaeo.

...........heading towards the Mt Doi Suthep on Huay Kaew Rd, Acer is just past canal Rd on the right hand side (ie, opposite side of Rd).

Acers are not exactly the best quality laptops (the budget models)' date=' but this is normally made up for through their usually excellent warranty support.[/quote']

Agree. I had to write off my Acer laptop because the motherboard failed just three weeks out of G'tee :(

Acer and HP both make trash. The thing is Acer at least supports their tinker toy laptops.

Buy an Asus or lenovo and never worry again.

Wife bought an HP lap top and after about eight months a white line appeared at the bottom of the screen, took it into the HP shop in Chiang Mai, they said the screen must be replaced and that would have to come up from Bangkok. Two days later they sent a text message to say come and get it. Perfect and no charge at all.

Acer and HP both make trash. The thing is Acer at least supports their tinker toy laptops.

Buy an Asus or lenovo and never worry again.

Wife bought an HP lap top and after about eight months a white line appeared at the bottom of the screen, took it into the HP shop in Chiang Mai, they said the screen must be replaced and that would have to come up from Bangkok. Two days later they sent a text message to say come and get it. Perfect and no charge at all.

HP is being sued in a class action lawsuit from gpu overheating defects in their notebook line from 2005-2008.

Acers are not exactly the best quality laptops (the budget models), but this is normally made up for through their usually excellent warranty support.

How long the repair takes will depend a bit on what your friend wants, if they just have to replace the drive, after which your friend installs the OS and the programs himself, it should be done pretty much on the spot.

If the laptop came with a genuine OS, and he wants the service center to install everything again, it'll take a bit longer.

It should be totally free!

There's several service centers in Bangkok:

Bangkapi - Thailand

Acer Service Center

2408 Ladpraow Road ,

Khet Wangtonglang

Bankok 10310 , Thailand

Tel: 66-2-934-2190

Fax: 66-2-934-3194

IT Mall, Bangkok - Thailand

Acer Service Center

Fortune Town Center

7 Fortune TownTower, 3 rd Floor,

Room no. 3P83-3C84, Ratchadapisek

Dindang, Bangkok

Tel: 66-2-642-1288-90

Fax: 66-2-642-1288-90 press 106

Seacon Square, Bangkok - Thailand

Acer Service Center

Room No. ITB20, Floor B1

904 Srinakarin Road,

Nongbon Prawet, Bangkok

Tel: 66-2-721-9877

Fax: 66-2-721-9879

Bangkok - Thailand (Headquarter)

Acer Service Center

338, 338/1-2 Nanglinchee Road,

Chongnonsee, Yannawa, Bangkok 10120

Tel .66-2-685-4311

Fax: 66-2-685-4377

the laptop doesn't include a genuine os.just a hard drive replacement will do.so can i bring it to acer office in pantip 1st flr right side?thought it's a service center and replace the hard drive on the spot.if not,from mbk which is the nearest service center i can go?i'm thinking fortune town it mall.haven't been there tough.

Sorry, but i always think it's funny when people say that Acer are not of the best quality...

MAYBE.... but... I had laptops of most of all the famous brands including Sony, Toshiba, HP, Fujitsu...

And the two most reliable laptops i had are Fujitsu and Acer.

Forget sony and all the rubbish, I have never seen any computer getting old as fast as sony...

So Acer might not be the best quality, but they are among the only ones with which i never had any problem...

And yes, service center is good, sometines they just change the parts immediately without loosing your time to try to repair something that cost them 5 dollar as other stupid brands service centers do.