Bail Bond On Insurance

taninthai

In the event of an accident resulting in death, under Thai law the driver must initially be charged with murder (before it's later downgraded). Bail is set based on the judges' perception of wealth and risk, so I always up the bail-bond to 400K as a precaution.

I also always up the per-person permenant injury/death cover to at least 1M Baht, as that always seems to be the magic starting point for negotiations when a farang is the driver or is known to be family of the driver. Most insurers only offer 100K Baht/person for this, but Thanachart have recently upped their standard death cover to 2M Baht/person.

In the event of an accident resulting in death, under Thai law the driver must initially be charged with murder (before it's later downgraded). Bail is set based on the judges' perception of wealth and risk, so I always up the bail-bond to 400K as a precaution.

I also always up the per-person permenant injury/death cover to at least 1M Baht, as that always seems to be the magic starting point for negotiations when a farang is the driver or is known to be family of the driver. Most insurers only offer 100K Baht/person for this, but Thanachart have recently upped their standard death cover to 2M Baht/person.

Really! Do you have a link where all this can be verified, as I have never heard it before?

400,000 bail bond is fairly cheap, most voluntary insurance policies cover you for a minimum of 100,000 baht, for a foreigner it is advisable to up this to at least 200,000, which is sufficient in most cases.

Prices here for the different levels of bail bond.

cheers for the replies and info will have to check what my permanent injury/death cover is this is probably the more important one ..........

thanks again.