Do Landlords Charge For Adsl?

Krit

Hi,

I'm planning to move to BKK later this year. I would like (no, I would need) to have a fast Internet connection there as I am *heavily* addicted. Now I have 4 Mbps and could probably not survive for long with 256K or, :o dial-up.

I've been browsing some ads for apartments (www.thaiapartment.com) and many seem to offer Internet as a "community" feature but not too often for individual apartments.

Now, I have understood that ADSL availability in BKK is good but I'm wondering if it's possible to just get it to almost any nice apartment I happen to find. This would of course have to be agreed upon with the landlord, but do they usually allow you to have (or perhaps charge something for having) your own Internet connection?

And what about telephone lines (used to connect ADSL I guess), I somehow suppose the landlord is always going to tell me they are very good quality and everything will work, "yes, yes", even though after having seen the mess of wires besides the streets I'd be quite surprised to find them working flawlessly!

Thanks in advance for your kind advise!

Ballys serviced apartments offer free internet (1mb connection) in your room very good service and apartments are good. normally download at no slower than 95kb/sec peak times or 105kb/sec - cant complain.

I know its not the cheapest serviced apartments 20k - 30k a month but free internet, small pool, gym, maid service, room service restaurant and good location on soi 20/22.

If you are looking at asoke rd opposite grammy building Grand Park View new building and apartments have 2mb connection apparently per room available to rent from around 17k or purchase 2.3mil..

The building where I'm currently living in Chiang Mai (hotel, serviced apartment, 6500thb/month for nice one bedroom...), charged us 500 THB when we wanted to install direct phone line from TOT. That 500 THB included the building handyman drilling some holes in the walls and drawing us a new phone line.

Of course, also the phone line install charge from TOT applied, 3300 THB or something.

TOT just tested the line today and I should have working ADSL tomorrow... line is good quality. They tested to support connection up to 8Mbit. Sure... if only they had faster than 1Mbit for offer in Chiang Mai :o