Visa/ Passport For Wife?

Okay so here is the situation, next time i go to Thailand i am thinking about marrying my gf in order to get her a UK passport. I do genuinely like the girl and she would make a great wife/ mother and if not because of circumstances would marry her in future. we could try and get a visa but it seems like a lot of effort for only 6 months and i think there is a good chance it will be rejected plus it would only be for her to enter the uk so we could not go on holiday to other places. she has a business which is selling replica football t-shirts, but she has no record of this and her bank account is bad. it just seems a lot easier if i just marry her if it will enable her to get a uk passport.

so my question is If i were to go over to thailand and marry her how easy would it then be for her to get a uk passport so she can come back with me/ travel to different countries?

has anyone else done this?

ty in advance.

You would have to marry her then bring her to live in the UK with you.

After marrying you would need to apply for a spouse visa lasting for 2 years (she would have to pass an english test to get in).

Then you would have to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.

After living in the UK for three years she could apply for British citizenship but would have to pass Life in the UK test.

I do hope you avoid allowing the text of your query to fall into British Official hands as this in part, constitutes a criminal offence. You must not attempt to bring into the UK any person for the purpose of getting them a UK Passport. Before marrying you must make application in Thailand to the British Embassy for a Marriage Visa. Furthermore, unless the intended Spouse house an academic record and good spoken English and this will be proven in an interview, its likely that such an application will be denied in the first instance. There is a much better chance of success for a repeat application when made 12 Months later where proof of a long term relationship will be a factor.

Thereafter there are more processes to go through and it often takes about 3 years before a Passport can be issued. As much as anything, the delays are to protect unenlightend UK Citizens from themselves.

Thanks for the replays. She speaks good English. So if I marry her and then wait 1 year we should be able to obtain a marriage visa regardless of other issues?

I for one feel that on moral grounds i wont offer you any support or advice. Its because of people with your attitude genuine people get refused visas.

ps I hope this poor girl meets someone that actually loves her.

Yours is such a ridiculous question I wasn't going to dignify it with a considered response, then I noticed your board name and realised you were probably making a poor attempt at humour - is your nose getting bigger?

Many people come to this forum for help and support, please don't spoil it.

I notice that you have however thanked people for their "replays".

As already said there is more to obtaining a British passport for a foreign spouse than simply marrying them. They have to have indefinite leave to remain in the UK and have lived in the UK for at least the three years prior to applying.

I am not sure whether this is a serious question from the OP or not; but from what has been said in the first post it looks as though the OP is asking for advice on how to commit a criminal offense; i.e. obtain UK citizenship by deception. Therefore: closed.