What Is Hau Hin Like Now ?

dmax

It's pretty quiet at the moment. August is a mini high season because families with school aged children come from Europe while their kids are out of school, but September starting tomorrow is traditionally the quietest month of the year (October also), before the normal high season (if we have one) that starts mid November.

Not sure if you wanted a literal answer but as far as I am concerned its pretty boring right now.

The main beach is full of washed up jelly fish every 5 feet with zillions of tiny crabs that crap eggs by the truck load. Insane traffic through the town despite the fact that there is nowhere to go apart from low class beer bars full of idiots or hi-so resorts with no atmosphere.

I have never lived through a hi season here so I have nothing to compare it to.

'Here' will soon be 'back there' as I am getting out of this place soon and moving somewhere more interesting :)

No offence intended to any long term ex-pats here. Just my 2 cents.

Not sure if you wanted a literal answer but as far as I am concerned its pretty boring right now.

The main beach is full of washed up jelly fish every 5 feet with zillions of tiny crabs that crap eggs by the truck load. Insane traffic through the town despite the fact that there is nowhere to go apart from low class beer bars full of idiots or hi-so resorts with no atmosphere.

'Here' will soon be 'back there' as I am getting out of this place soon and moving somewhere more interesting :)

Depends on what you're all about personally doesn't it or what you're looking for ??

I've just moved here, got little one in a so far so good School that she seems to like & has settled into, have a Gaff that i love, the Roads & Infrastructure is much better than where i've moved from, things like Market Village are beyond fabulous compared to where i've just moved from, we have the largest National Park in Thailand on our Doorsteep, the Fishing's good & cheap, ther'es no Brass everywhere you look & if i'm not mistaken, the locals in general seem much more nicer than those on Samui wher ei've just left..

Life is good here..:)

Depends on what you're all about personally doesn't it or what you're looking for ??

I've just moved here, got little one in a so far so good School that she seems to like & has settled into, have a Gaff that i love, the Roads & Infrastructure is much better than where i've moved from, things like Market Village are beyond fabulous compared to where i've just moved from, we have the largest National Park in Thailand on our Doorsteep, the Fishing's good & cheap, ther'es no Brass everywhere you look & if i'm not mistaken, the locals in general seem much more nicer than those on Samui wher ei've just left..

We heard that you cheeky bugger!

And just to remind you.....'left' and 'kicked out' aint quite the same thing.

:D

Good to hear. I guess if you have wife and nipper this could be a great place to live. Good on ya :)

We heard that you cheeky bugger!

And just to remind you.....'left' and 'kicked out' aint quite the same thing.

:D

Crikey its like the Emirates in here. Best of luck singhy I hope yer new abode bears well.....well better than your beloved scammers anyway. :D

If you took the time and trouble, you would find that Hua Hin is one of the most, if not the most interesting town in Thailand. ...however you wont find it down Bintabaht which sounds like the only place you ventured

Good to hear. I guess if you have wife and nipper this could be a great place to live. Good on ya :)

I haven't & don't plan ot have in the near future either thank you very much..:D

So much better here Smokes me old China, so much...

i drove through HH a few yrs ago and was immediatly impressed by the roads and how clean it was compared to samui, so we bought land with the plan to build and relocate from samui, but after a few more visits we were put off by the lack of quality schools for the kids, medical care and the the over all lack of english being spoken by the general population as well as sound tracks in the cinima so i guess what you said is true, it depends on what you are looking for, if we did not have the children we would probably be living in palm hills, playing golf.

i drove through HH a few yrs ago and was immediatly impressed by the roads and how clean it was compared to samui, so we bought land with the plan to build and relocate from samui, but after a few more visits we were put off by the lack of quality schools for the kids, medical care and the the over all lack of english being spoken by the general population as well as sound tracks in the cinima so i guess what you said is true, it depends on what you are looking for, if we did not have the children we would probably be living in palm hills, playing golf.

Hua Hin government hospitol, although busy provides excellent care and was totally refurbished/extended last year. Bangkok hospitol are opening near Tesco, due I believe next year. What age are your kids as Hua Hin offers a number of excellent schooling options....English is spoken just a smuch as any other major destination in Thailand, although I believe the cinema only provides movies in Thai, however with hundreds of DVD shops its not a problem, and any long term resident should be able to watch a movie spoken in Thai....prices for just about anything compared to Phuket,Samui are considerably cheaper and with the local and surounding areas offers so much to do compared to most other places in Thailand....Transport links in Hua Hin I would say are only 2nd to BKK...options of trains, minbus, flights or VIP buses going direct to almost anywhere from Penang to Chaing Mai and Surin

Well ii can't speak for a few Years ago but i'm happy with the School, have no issue with the locals Language skills & don't find them to be any less English speaking than those on Samui & i personally couldn't give a monkeys about what sound tracks they have on teh Cinema..

& if i didn't have a Child/Children, i wouldnt' be living in Thailand full stop...:)

options of trains, minbus, flights or VIP buses going direct to almost anywhere from Penang to Chaing Mai and Surin

Flights? I thought they stopped all those about a year ago. What airline is flying out of Hua Hin now?

didnt know hau hin had an airporthuh.gif

Well ii can't speak for a few Years ago but i'm happy with the School, have no issue with the locals Language skills & don't find them to be any less English speaking than those on Samui & i personally couldn't give a monkeys about what sound tracks they have on teh Cinema..

& if i didn't have a Child/Children, i wouldnt' be living in Thailand full stop...:)

Are you saying that Thailand is the best place in the world to bring up a child, or your stuck here as you made a Thai pregnant????

options of trains, minbus, flights or VIP buses going direct to almost anywhere from Penang to Chaing Mai and Surin

Flights? I thought they stopped all those about a year ago. What airline is flying out of Hua Hin now?

There is this long black tarmac thing with a tall building that has a lot of widows and sometimes in the day has lots of noise...check it out

Regular flights as said did stop last year but you can still charter a flight and talk is of resuming daily flights to BKK again

If you took the time and trouble, you would find that Hua Hin is one of the most, if not the most interesting town in Thailand. ...however you wont find it down Bintabaht which sounds like the only place you ventured

Well go on then.... Educate me. Yup Bintabant sucks I agree but I havent discovered anything else that floated my boat to be honest. Market area is nice for seafood but aside from that its just a street selling tourist tat. The areas around Bintabaht arejust full of boring guest houses. Soi 88 is like a quiet bintabaht. Soi 102 has a couple of small ex pat bars but if wanted to get pissed whilst drinking in a converted garage talking about golf would get pissed in my own garage. There are some nice resorts on the main road but what are you going to find there of any interest?

Koh Takiab (spelling) has a huge hill with a temple full of monkeys which is a giggle for one visit. The bars and eating places in that area are super quiet with nothing going on.

Feel free to correct me but where exactly are you talking about that is of interest?

Cheers

Well go on then.... Educate me. Yup Bintabant sucks I agree but I havent discovered anything else that floated my boat to be honest. Market area is nice for seafood but aside from that its just a street selling tourist tat. The areas around Bintabaht arejust full of boring guest houses. Soi 88 is like a quiet bintabaht. Soi 102 has a couple of small ex pat bars but if wanted to get pissed whilst drinking in a converted garage talking about golf would get pissed in my own garage. There are some nice resorts on the main road but what are you going to find there of any interest?

Koh Takiab (spelling) has a huge hill with a temple full of monkeys which is a giggle for one visit. The bars and eating places in that area are super quiet with nothing going on.

Feel free to correct me but where exactly are you talking about that is of interest?

Cheers

Bintabant is great in my opinion and i'm not really into A Gogos and over priced bars in phuket and bangkok n such, if you know where to go and what to do it's good times all round. When you get to know people in that area and you get invites to private partys and such, I've never had a better time in the rest of Thailand for the same period of time. Everywhere else is twice the price and just overated crap after about 2days of going, sure there are a gogos outside of HH but imo they are only good for a one time visit.

Cheers

Of course it really depends what you want to do and what 'rocks your boat' but Hua Hin has everything and more that any other destination in Thailand apart from probably BKK has...to name a few....Kings Palaces, two of them, Plearnwan mueseum, a small oratory, kite boarding, jet skis, archery, horse riding, ATVs , shooting range, GOLF galore, gyms, smimming pools and beach, nite clubs, wats, caving, excellent for cycling as so flat, fishing trips, elephant trekking, floating market near Ratchaburi, plenty small coastal villages with beachside restaurants close by, is host to jazz, motorcycle and other music festivals...its all there and more if you look for it......

It probablhy hasn't, but Hua Hin has!!!

Actually, the airport is located accros the border in the Petchaburi province so Cha Am would probably be more correct although the airport is closer to Hua Hin than to Cha Am town.

Are you saying that Thailand is the best place in the world to bring up a child, or your stuck here as you made a Thai pregnant????

Do you really think i'd be saying that Thailand is the best place in the World to bring up a Child ?? ;)

I have a duty to protect & provide for my now 4 Year Old Princess as best as i possibly can as she is my reasponsibility comepletely as her Mum, albeit a good Mum who loves her Daughter very much, has virtually no ability to earn anything like decent Money & i will NEVER leave her ( my Daughter ) here in Thailand for her to turn out like so many do & like some of her, on her Mum's side, immediate Family have.

Unlike thousands of others " Men " ..:)

Edit : For Grammar.

Edited by MSingh