Kindergarden Information Please

chrissylcp

Hello,

I have some friends who are moving to Chiang Mai shortly who have very young chidren.

I would be interested in information, preferably from experience, about good pre-school facilities in the city. My kids are older and did not attend kindergarden here.

Thank-you very much.

Chrissy.

to provide a better answer, you might give more info... such as, do they need classes taught only in english, do they want international school status, are there plans to live in a certain area of town that might make school location an issue... is money an issue.... etc...

my son has attended little stars before he's 5 now, english and thai teachers,kids ages from 3 upwards to about 6-7 i think, found them to most pleasant with a daily report slip on how your child was that day , from being co-operative,etc, so its worth going to see them.

my son has attended little stars before he's 5 now, english and thai teachers,kids ages from 3 upwards to about 6-7 i think, found them to most pleasant with a daily report slip on how your child was that day , from being co-operative,etc, so its worth going to see them.

Thank-you very much.......I'm very happy to receive personal recomendations.......any more are very welcome. In answer to the person who suggested I ask for more detail.....good point.....yes they want English speaking......as their children will be complete beginners in Thai......but will have lessons later, money and location are not an issue. They will be sending the children to international school later but don't feel concerned about the pre-school having this status. They want somewhere preferably, which other parents are happy to recommend on the basis of a useful preparation for school, good facilities, good parent/teacher communication, stimuating and clean environment.

Also check "The Book of What, Where and How." Many kondergudens listed.

Thanks...is this available in bookshops or by mail order from somewhere.....I don't recall having seen it.

My daughter is is NACHARAT school think thats the name anyway out on the Hang Dong road she s 21/2 and loves it has both English and thai teachers and is about 14000 a term

I currently have my son at Nakorn Payap Internationl School, in K1 at age 3. His older sister went through the Early Child Development program K1-K3 and is in 2nd grade at NIS.

Great program, American curriculum

, English only...... beautiful facilities, great teachers.

Being an International School, the cost is a lot more than other options (NAPA etc.), in my opinion well worth the cost.

Located in the North of town

Edited by Diablo Bob

Mine went to little genius nursery when in cm. They take from baby up to 4 or 5. There's play things in and out door , soft floor inside ,; they can breakfast and lunch there; open from 7 until 5 or 6 ; they quite extr take care, give them a shower about 3 so when you pick them up they are all freshy and clean. They also teach them brush teeth and potty training as well as English and Thai games like counting and colours etc. Very happy with them and will be sending them back once we return.

Two more options for English speakers are

APIK (American Pacific International Kindergarten) has a very well structured program from pre-nursery (age 1) to g1 (age 6). The school is located off of the Hang Dong road; and

PTIS, just north of Mae Rim, for children ages 2 and up, arguably the poshest school in town with the best facilities.

Both these international schools have adopted the IB Early Years program.