Weatherproof Switch Box

mikejphuket

I am in the process of installing the control unit and light switch for my steam bath which is outside of house. I am looking for a weatherproof plastic box about 20x25 cm to protect control unit. So far have only been able to find the very common light gray boxes but would prefer something nicer with clear plastic front (door). Have tried Home Works and large electrical supply house with no luck. heard the brand Clipsal may have, but got nowhere on their web site.

Any suggestions??

The correct name is a weatherproof enclosure (box) with clear lid. Polycarbonite with a removable metal plate for the mounting of equipment. IP56 rated minimum. Cables should be terminated in nylon glands.

You could try Schnieder or any large electrical wholesaler for the electrical industry.

Any switches mounted externally of the enclosure should be weatherproof IP56 rating.

The correct name is a weatherproof enclosure (box) with clear lid. Polycarbonite with a removable metal plate for the mounting of equipment. IP56 rated minimum. Cables should be terminated in nylon glands.

You could try Schnieder or any large electrical wholesaler for the electrical industry.

Any switches mounted externally of the enclosure should be weatherproof IP56 rating.

I used a gray (abs?) box with a ;little roof & seal on the door with separate internal back panel for an external breaker,GFI and utility outlet for my well/house pumps.

Bottom conduit openings not sealed...bought in an electrical suppliers.. Had a problem with a little cobra taking residence for a while but otherwise seems to be okay..

...would not a completely sealed box be susceptible to condensation ??

Thank you VERY much- the correct name allowed me to use search function on Schneider web site. Previously the site map didn't get me far.