Organic Plant Pesticides

Neem oil is available at Kad Tien (sp?) behind Tesco Lotus north of CM.   I believe this to be a natural pesticide, please correct me if I'm wrong.  Neem is known locally as sadao. 

A search here for neem or sadao should get you more info.

Neem oil is available at Kad Tien (sp?) behind Tesco Lotus north of CM. I believe this to be a natural pesticide, please correct me if I'm wrong. Neem is known locally as sadao.

A search here for neem or sadao should get you more info.

Thankyou MESMith - I am becoming a regular at Khamtieng, so will check it out soon.

Try this one if you can find it. I haven't used it myself but a friend recommended it. Neem based with some other goodies. The thing about botanical pesticides that are organic grower acceptible, is that they have little residual effect, so weekly applications may be needed. Always be sure to identify the target pest and spray accordingly. Be aware that some sprays, even organic botanicals, will affect pest predators and disrupt natural biological controls. So spay only when intolerable levels of damage are happening.

In Chiang Mai, Limsakdakul Chemekasate Company at 144-148 Charoenmuang Rd. (near Bumrungrat Rd, a few doors toward the river from the Krung Thai bank on the corner, sprayers and sacks of fertilizer visible out front) has Sadao/Neem pesticide from India and Thai sources. It's not cheap. Mixing directions are on the bottle, or from the English speaking woman manager/owner at the desk. This place is a big chemical supplier and not much interested or informative on organic materials or methods.

Neem is an insect repellent and reproductive disruptor, so not directly toxic to people or pets.

I've shopped at Kamtieng for comparable products, but didn't feel comfortable with the product, label or information available there.

Check out the TV 'Farming in Thailand' forum, subforum on Organic Gardening where neem and other pest control methods have been discussed at length. don

post-74166-062916000 1283752934_thumb.jp

Edited by drtreelove

The neem pictured above by the good doctor is available at Kamtieng.  If you head out the back entrance from Tesco, turn right at 1st junction.  At the first crossroads, cross on the leftside, shop selling garden equipment, chemicals etc stocks it.

• Like 1