Thai Women

Richard7

Hi, I fly to Thailand in about a week and will be staying in Koh Samui. I'll probably visit a few other places if I can afford it. What I want to know is what are the Thai women like? I'm English, 25 years old and quite outgoing and friendly. I take care of my appearance. I really have no problem getting a girlfriend here in the UK.. Are there Thai ladies actually looking for a boyfriend? Or are they looking to find someone older (say 35+) to give them perhaps some financial security... I like partying.. drinking etc.... and if I'm honest I'm bored of English women! Any insights would be appreciated! :)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to have fun with girls, why are you even asking questions on TV. God i dont understand you kind of people, just come here for sex like most tourist and thats all. No questions asked

If you are looking for a real relation, forget about it before you know the asian culture first and have an income here. Otherwise why would a normal girl with a job fall in love with a foreigner without a job and whos probably going to return to his country a couple month later.

Stop dreaming

• Like 2

If you want to have fun with girls, why are you even asking questions on TV. God i dont understand you kind of people, just come here for sex like most tourist and thats all. No questions asked

If you are looking for a real relation, forget about it before you know the asian culture first and have an income here. Otherwise why would a normal girl with a job fall in love with a foreigner without a job and whos probably going to return to his country a couple month later.

Stop dreaming

You shouldn't make assumptions.

I'm only trying to find out some info before I go - what is your problem? I've lived in many different countries before and had foreign girlfriends (mostly from Europe and South America). Being completely honest I don't think I even have one friend from Asia - I know nothing about the culture.

And a normal girl would fall in love with me because I have money, I'm generous, polite and thoughtful... B)

• Like 1

Stop dreaming

Boring. :coffee1:

• Like 2

Stop dreaming

You shouldn't make assumptions.

I'm only trying to find out some info before I go - what is your problem? I've lived in many different countries before and had foreign girlfriends (mostly from Europe and South America). Being completely honest I don't think I even have one friend from Asia - I know nothing about the culture.

And a normal girl would fall in love with me because I have money, I'm generous, polite and thoughtful... B)

Just keep it casual Richard....don't get too involved or you'll get stung financially. Sure its possible to have a long term thing but unlikely as hel_l on your first trip.

Sorry Richard if my word seem storng sometimes, i dont always mean in a bad way (english aint my first language) but anyway my point is, that in my experience it is impossible for a foregneir to meet a good woman at the begining of his stay in Thailand. Its of course possible to meet good women but it takes a while.

So all I am saying is if its your first trip, dont think about girlfriend, just travel and enjoy.

You will not be short of company so no worries there.......know what, I knew nothing of Thailand when I first visited......flew in to Phuket from Penang for a break........all the experiences I have enjoyed in Thailand have been my experiences, not tainted by the observations of others.....it's great, just enjoy YOUR experience.

• Like 2

Sorry Richard if my word seem storng sometimes, i dont always mean in a bad way (english aint my first language) but anyway my point is, that in my experience it is impossible for a foregneir to meet a good woman at the begining of his stay in Thailand. Its of course possible to meet good women but it takes a while.

Fair enough :) I guess I'll keep my wits about me then.

I would suggest you just stick to bargirls or girls out of a club. That industry exists for people who will be in Thailand for a short time but want to enjoy the company of Thai women or who simply don't want a serious relationship but want something more than an exchange of cash for services. Girls will be happy to just hang out with you with no sex if you have qualms about paying for that.

You will quickly realize it's not just fat old gits who enjoy this scene. There are many guys who could easily get a non pay for play girl but don't have the time or desire to build a real relationship. I am married to a woman from Thailand. You may find most girls who are relationship material are not ones you can court during the length of a holiday. It took me 5 years of studying Thai language and culture + two years living in Thailand to find her. I'm not saying you need to invest the same time but finding a real relationship will not happen in the length of a holiday. Find a nice girl treat her well and don't keep in touch after you leave because it will drive you mad. It's best for both if you just live in the moment and enjoy.

Edited by wasabi

I would suggest you just stick to bargirls or girls out of a club. That industry exists for people who will be in Thailand for a short time but want to enjoy the company of Thai women or who simply don't want a serious relationship but want something more than an exchange of cash for services. You will quickly realize it's not just fat old gits who enjoy this scene. There are many guys who could easily get a non pay for play girl but don't have the time or desire to build a real relationship. I am married to a woman from Thailand. You may find most girls who are relationship material are not ones you can court during the length of a holiday. It took me 5 years of studying Thai language and culture + two years living in Thailand to find her. I'm not saying you need to invest the same time but finding a real relationship will not happen in the length of a holiday. Find a nice girl treat her well and don't keep in touch after you leave because it will drive you mad. It's best for both if you just live in the moment and enjoy.

Bang on the mark. :thumbsup:

Come, have a holiday, rent the woman of your choice for a short time and enjoy yourself. You are NOT going to meet some sweet young thing if you are not fluent in Thai.

When you say 'rent the woman of your choice for a short time', you mean pay for sex? Or is this some sort of deal where they 'act as a girlfriend' for the day? I'm not familiar with the term 'short time'. Could you clarify? :ermm:

It's a shame you state I will 'NOT' meet one ! :angry:

And cheers for those insights 'wasabi', going through your post now.

Edited by Richard7

I think if you are looking for a girlfriend in Asia then Japan, China or Korea will

do you better if you can pull a girl. Thailand is intersting for a holiday but too

many problems socially and narrow minded attitudes means your chances of

a successful relationship with a Thai chicka will be very hard and if you are not

patient then forget it.

I am the same age as you and I have a Thai finace here in UK. It has been a

hard relationship and the only reason it has worked is we became very

emotionally connected....................... do I regret................. maybe a little due

to quite large sacrifices on both of our sides................. but we love each other

and that shit takes over your brain.

Come, have a holiday, rent the woman of your choice for a short time and enjoy yourself. You are NOT going to meet some sweet young thing if you are not fluent in Thai.

When you say 'rent the woman of your choice for a short time', you mean pay for sex? Or is this some sort of deal where they 'act as a girlfriend' for the day? I'm not familiar with the term 'short time'. Could you clarify? :ermm:

It is easy to meet Thai women in tourist centers. Some even speak good English. But, if you want sex then it's pretty much accepted that you WILL have to pay for it. You pay for sex even if you get married. If you are young and interesting then lots of the bar girls will be your partner for extended time periods. It only takes a few days to find one you are compatible with. But, you ARE expected to pay. Nothing wrong with that al all. The girls are there for a reason. They HAVE to earn money.

There is no social network in Thailand. and good paying jobs are at a premium. A regular Thai employee in some occupation outside of the bar scene is expected to work long hours and usually 6 days a week. They don't have TIME to be some farang's girlfriend. That leaves a male tourist with two options... another farang tourist, or a bar girl. Most bar girls have a lot more freedom with their time and they come and go as they please. The very pretty ones get LOTS of attention and are less likely to take off with some stranger. They can make more money with multiple partners in one night than sticking with just one man.

This guy sounds like a Thai bargirls wet dream. Like pigs to a slaughter!

Ha ha - what gave you that impression? I've lived in Amsterdam so I know a little about working girls.

I can assure you I won't be taken for a mug. If only you knew me! Thank you for worrying though :D

Ha ha - what gave you that impression? I've lived in Amsterdam so I know a little about working girls.

I can assure you I won't be taken for a mug. If only you knew me! Thank you for worrying though :D

That is one of your first mistakes; comparing western prostitution with Thai.

Forget it, no comparison applies.

C

• Like 1

It is easy to meet Thai women in tourist centers. Some even speak good English. But, if you want sex then it's pretty much accepted that you WILL have to pay for it. You pay for sex even if you get married. If you are young and interesting then lots of the bar girls will be your partner for extended time periods. It only takes a few days to find one you are compatible with. But, you ARE expected to pay. Nothing wrong with that al all. The girls are there for a reason. They HAVE to earn money.

There is no social network in Thailand. and good paying jobs are at a premium. A regular Thai employee in some occupation outside of the bar scene is expected to work long hours and usually 6 days a week. They don't have TIME to be some farang's girlfriend. That leaves a male tourist with two options... another farang tourist, or a bar girl. Most bar girls have a lot more freedom with their time and they come and go as they please. The very pretty ones get LOTS of attention and are less likely to take off with some stranger. They can make more money with multiple partners in one night than sticking with just one man.

This is really sage advice. Richard, it seems you are thinking that you can come over to Thailand and just due to the fact that you are young and a farang guy, every girl is going to fall all over themselves wanting to be your "temporary" girlfriend. It doesn't work that way. Pretty much every girl (outside of the bar scene) who's interested in you will have financial issues. And she's hoping that you're going to take her away from this life of poverty and provide for her family and children. I hope you're not going to be one of those guys that makes these girls assorted promises just so you can get into her pants. If you're going to do that, stick to the bargirls. They can handle the disappointment much better. My bet is that you'll meet some girl in a bar and you will be convinced that she's "different."

What he's saying is that you will meet Thai girls for sex if that's what you're interested in--but you will pay. One way or another. If you want a "normal" relationship, it would help to speak Thai. As a group, the most proficient English speaking Thai girls are bargirls. If one of your requirements is that she speak English, then a bargirl is your best option.

Hi Richard ...... Just consider the source with these folks, not that they are bad people but as you should be able to tell from their comments they are not and never have been very sucsesful with the ladies ..... obviously .... It's just as likely that you find a GF here on vacation as anyplace else perhaps even more so ..... which is not very likely ...... However don't pay any attention to nonsense comments like :you should pay for their time: and similar comments, obviously people making comments like that are hanging around VERY low class people. You can find plenty of single educated non bar girls ...... most of the posters here couldn't\ can't ...... why? I don't know or care. My main point is while there are lots of bargirls=prostitutes their are also lots of decent respectable women as well. And while lots would try to convience themselves they are just nice girls working to help the family ..... they are prostitutes plain and simple.

Stay away from all that except for a quick shag and forget the nonsense that you should pay for Thai girls time LOL ...... and just look for girls who wouldn't in a million years accept any money for their time on a date. In spite of the impression you might get here they are out there. A whole country of diverse people and some posters think it's impossible for a vacationer to do any better than a hooker ! LOL

Believe me the flaming will follow but despite all of the likely posts about how different the hookers here are than everywhere else they are not, anymore than the likely post about how educated women won't be interested yada yada yada ...... The truth is they weren't interested in THEM, They apparently couldn't find what you are looking for, but that doesn't mean others haven't or you can't.

And yes being a light skinned, decently educated, middle classed Farang IS desirable to the kind of women your looking for. Keep your standards the same as back home don't get fooled into having them dragged down by the plethora of excuses and explanations as to why bar girls might make decent girlfriends, or how Thai's and their culture is so different that your ex prostitute Thai girlfriend is completely different than your back home one would be yada yada yada.

Edited by bonobo
reduced font size
  • Like 2

But as Richard as already stated he will go to koh samui and if he as enough money will visit other places.

So sounds like maybe he on a bit of a budget and will be watching his pennies.

And koh samui is not cheap nowa days .and there will be plenty of nice thai woman will only be to happy to make that wallet lighter for himrolleyes.gif

The comment about the largest number of English speakers are bar girls is typical of the nonsense people actually believe, yes it would help to speak Thai, but the largest group of people who speak English are college graduates not bar girls. Where people come up with this kind of nonsense is beyond me.

Edited by bonobo
reduced font size
  • Like 2

Hi Richard ...... Just consider the source with these folks, not that they are bad people yada yada yada ......

The OP was NOT talking about living in Thailand. He was talking about having a vacation. Your advice MIGHT be sensible if the guy was intending to settle in Thailand and getting married.

I'm sorry, but lying to some nice Thai girl to get into her pants is NOT a very nice thing to do... even though you might think so. Having a fling and then buggering off back home Will break some Thai girl's heart. And, there is the real possibly of even getting her pregnant. That is basically what you are recommending. The average Thai girl from a middle income, or better, family WILL have restrictions and not be allowed to take off with some farang tourist. Poor Thai girls are sent to the tourist centers with the specific purpose of either hooking or marrying a farang who will be expected to support the whole family back home.

That is why I recommended the experienced bar girls who already know the score. Even they get their hearts broken occasionally. Or, the OP should concentrate on the farang tourists who are quite willing to have short term love affairs while traveling. I've had a few of those as well, and many were totally unexpected.

The comment about the largest number of English speakers are bar girls is typical of the nonsense people actually believe, yes it would help to speak Thai, but the largest group of people who speak English are college graduates not bar girls. Where people come up with this kind of nonsense is beyond me.

You may adjust the font size in your posts anytime you like. Dont let me stop you.

As Carib has already stated the girls here are very different, they will love you more convincingly than any woman has ever done in the western world.

And that's just the first night. There is a big anti-bar-girl sentiment on this forum that I don't agree with. Bar-girls (and the associated industries) are mostly very nice people, just don't give them large amounts of money, cars, motorcycles and expect anything more in return than you have already had.

In Amsterdam you pay first, here you pay after (or so I'm told by friends as I have never been with a bar-girl and my wife is very educated hi-so, etc., etc.)