Emirates Airlines

doppa

all you chaps and chapesses who've travelled with emirates, what'd ye think, going back to the uk on a visit, never used them before, normally i go china airlines, but thought breaking the time up would be good, also it flies straight into my city airport from dubai.

business class looks amazing , but i'm afraid it's economy, for us, is leg room ok, seats comfortable etc.

ta very much.

I've always found Emirates to be very good. Never lost my bag, good selection of in-flight entertainment and food, leg room always been okay for me. Plus I missed my flight once (had got the day wrong) and when I phoned them they stuck me on another flight, no charge, no problem.

Edited by Rumblecat

I have used Emirates to fly to the UK and back to BKK and now they use the Airbus A380 between Dubai and London and have just added Manchester using the same aircraft. Lots of leg room and excellent food. You may pay a little bit more than other airlines but well worth it

Hi,

Until a month ago I used to live in KL, always flew with Malaysian airlines which was direct to KL from Manchester. Then they stopped flying from Manchester about 4 years ago so therefore no direct flights.

I started using Emirates and they were the best price, a stopover of 2-3 hours in Dubai was not a problem, in fact it was nice to stretch the old legs and bum! The food, entertainment and leg room was brilliant.

The past couple of years the choice of menu has been limited and the crew are not as attentive as they used to be for drinks, now I just get up and go to the galley for my own.

I flew with them to Bangkok a fortnight ago and paid £560 return from Manchester, most I've ever paid. The airbus is a dam_n site bigger plane and more legroom and seems to be wider seats. I flew with them once business class, it was OK but not worth the difference in price albeit I was upgraded free of charge.

If you are going to fly with them on a regular basis then don't forget to join their frequent flyer programme.

Used them twice and to be honest, wouldn't touch them again unless there was no other option at all !

First time was MAN-BKK return. Flight delayed on every leg of the journey and food service was average at best.

Second time was in March from Birmingham, well where do I start?

The plane was cancelled after they hadf kept us cooped up in the cabin on the tarmac for 5 hours. They then shipped us out to a poor hotel at about 2am and told us we would be updated at 08:00 the next morning.

arriving at 07:30 to have breakfast before the meeting i was ushered into a conference room and told the meeting is now and you don't have time to eat.

I was then informed i was to be put on a bus to Manchester and flown out that night, some 24 hours after my original flight.

I had missed the opportunity for breakfast and then upon arrival in manchester they refused to offer any refreshment for us who had been shipped up there and we could not even check our baggage in early and had to cart everything around all day.

emirates also refused point blank to reinburse the cost of the air-asia flight I missed to chiang mai due to the delay and as usual were late on both legs of the journey causing me to nearly miss the next day's air-asia flight up here.

All in all I arrived over a day late and sick as a dog due to being cooped up in air-con environments for much longer than necessary and very hungry.

Sorry for the long winded explination but it will stop all the others telling me I'm wrong and how great they are. For me, they are the worst ! I've travelled with some budget options who have been easily as good and far more reliable.

I will recemmend Qatar. i once had a small problem with them and they went so far beyond just putting things right that I can honestly say I've never experienced service as good as I did with them.

hope yo uhave better luck than me if you choose to use Emirates.

I would say that is a very unusual experience with Emirates. Used them many times and never anything to complain about. Always excellent and now the A380 has made it all the better. Not just more leg room but width too and it's a long way ahead of other types in economy.

Used them twice and to be honest, wouldn't touch them again unless there was no other option at all !

First time was MAN-BKK return. Flight delayed on every leg of the journey and food service was average at best.

Second time was in March from Birmingham, well where do I start?

The plane was cancelled after they hadf kept us cooped up in the cabin on the tarmac for 5 hours. They then shipped us out to a poor hotel at about 2am and told us we would be updated at 08:00 the next morning.

arriving at 07:30 to have breakfast before the meeting i was ushered into a conference room and told the meeting is now and you don't have time to eat.

I was then informed i was to be put on a bus to Manchester and flown out that night, some 24 hours after my original flight.

I had missed the opportunity for breakfast and then upon arrival in manchester they refused to offer any refreshment for us who had been shipped up there and we could not even check our baggage in early and had to cart everything around all day.

emirates also refused point blank to reinburse the cost of the air-asia flight I missed to chiang mai due to the delay and as usual were late on both legs of the journey causing me to nearly miss the next day's air-asia flight up here.

All in all I arrived over a day late and sick as a dog due to being cooped up in air-con environments for much longer than necessary and very hungry.

Sorry for the long winded explination but it will stop all the others telling me I'm wrong and how great they are. For me, they are the worst ! I've travelled with some budget options who have been easily as good and far more reliable.

I will recemmend Qatar. i once had a small problem with them and they went so far beyond just putting things right that I can honestly say I've never experienced service as good as I did with them.

hope yo uhave better luck than me if you choose to use Emirates.

thanks for that people!

[/quot

in the past,used quatar,emirites,and ethihad,from man, to bkk,and bkk, to man, all use the latest planes and are reasonably comfortable??? ive found quatar overall good,emirites unfortunally seem to park in the furthest slot from immigration in dubia, and you seem to be walking for ever to get to terminals,and they bus you in and out all the time,not good fun at 3 in the morning,you exit ethihad,planes right in to duty free, but i suppose im like a lot of people,i buy, whats going the cheapest on the day.

Hi Use Emirates on average every 5 weeks flying via Dubai and onward to Africa or UK, and returning to BKK 5 weeks later, I think the baggage allowance on Economy is as good as anywhere 40kg if flying from BKK to UK (but only 30kg I think if booked from UK) but still good allowance on Economy,, legroom I find at least as good as most other airlines, in flight entertainment good with good choice of movie selection also email and phone also available in economy (expensive though), food is nothing to write home about though, but hey its airline quality could say the same about most other airlines, good drinks servicing from what i've seen too, and as mentioned if youre planning using Emirates regularly join as a Skywards member and receive the benefits.

I use them a lot for years now and agree with most peoples comments, they are a good airline.

BUT on their 777's which they use BKK/DUB and onto the EU they stick an extra seat in each row which makes it a bit more uncomfortable. They run 3/4/3 when normally it is 3/3/3. Leg room isn't much to sing about either. They also have a set up where when you recline the seat the front lifts up cutting off your circulation. Google it if you don't believe me and check seat guru. There is a reason they are a cheap airline with good service!

I use them a lot for years now and agree with most peoples comments, they are a good airline.

BUT on their 777's which they use BKK/DUB and onto the EU they stick an extra seat in each row which makes it a bit more uncomfortable. They run 3/4/3 when normally it is 3/3/3. Leg room isn't much to sing about either. They also have a set up where when you recline the seat the front lifts up cutting off your circulation. Google it if you don't believe me and check seat guru. There is a reason they are a cheap airline with good service!

apparently its a a380 airbus, never been on one, so i dont know.

I must be too wee a man as I havent noticed this, but as with most airlines in the reclined position there is limited space in economy, we just have to grin and bear it ,,,,,,,, or be lucky enough to get an upgrade via their gold Skywards membership class

Agree 100% with this. Avoid the 777ER if you possibly can - the 10 abreast seating is hideous. Quite the opposite on the 380 though.

does anybody know how i can change the date on my emirates ticket back to the uk?........is there a CM office or would i have to do it online?

No Chaing Mai office.

Emirates (EK) 2nd Fl., B.B. Building, 54 Asoke Rd., Sukhumvit 21,

Bangkok 10110

Airport: (+662) 535-1946..7

Ticketing: (+662) 664-1040