Emergency Declared In Thailand

george

As I had expected, there are a lot of messages from racist/right-winger types who say 'Let's destroy all these Muslims' and also from folks who like to attack Thaksin at every opportunity they find.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jem-Jem, Please point me to where somebody said "lets destroy all these Muslims" I must have missed that posting. Or do you mean that most realistic thinking people want to see the perpetrators of the murders bought to justice,which is how I read them.

We need to eliminate all muslim's from moving  anywhere in the world,  because in my opinion  none of them  can be  trusted.   :o

And btw Ozzydom, if you are going to continue to be a wiseguy, fine, your choice, but please spare me the crap that one automatically have to submit a solution to a problem just because one doesn't like Your solution. If anyone posts anything that isn't right I will object. But if you rather have uneducated people posting garbage about stuff they clearly have no or little knowledge about, then just outright tell us so, and I can stop posting _facts_.

If I wanted fiction I would listen to the politicians...

Hey I don't care what you say about me but don't you see the truth at all?? people being bombed in britian now thailand!!! These extremists want to change the world, and doing it by fear!!!! and then you blame the politicians?? where are they going to be in some nice little bunker if a really big attack comes again like africa and new york and washington. who cares about facts Are facts going to stop these people?? NO.

We are at war, who cares who started it. But the terrorists definately want to finish it!!! I say we nuke the middle east end of story get all troops out and then nuke it to high heaven. :D

That would be like useing a sledgehammer to push a thumb tack into the wall! How would you be sure you got the terrorist and would you be worried about making new ones. Genocide doesn't work. Not to mention sick. Many have tried and failed.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I had expected, there are a lot of messages from racist/right-winger types who say 'Let's destroy all these Muslims' and also from folks who like to attack Thaksin at every opportunity they find.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jem-Jem, Please point me to where somebody said "lets destroy all these Muslims" I must have missed that posting. Or do you mean that most realistic thinking people want to see the perpetrators of the murders bought to justice,which is how I read them.

We need to eliminate all muslim's from moving  anywhere in the world,  because in my opinion  none of them  can be  trusted.   :D

And btw Ozzydom, if you are going to continue to be a wiseguy, fine, your choice, but please spare me the crap that one automatically have to submit a solution to a problem just because one doesn't like Your solution. If anyone posts anything that isn't right I will object. But if you rather have uneducated people posting garbage about stuff they clearly have no or little knowledge about, then just outright tell us so, and I can stop posting _facts_.

If I wanted fiction I would listen to the politicians...

Six lines of crap and still no answer to my question Zarkow,you made the statement ,now answer the question or as we uneducated folk say,"piss or get off the pot" :D

Reading-comprehension and education. Lacking it are we?

In the real world, outside your bong-infedsted home, there is no such thing as 'easy solutions'. There is no one-liners on any forum that are going to solve a war.

Anyone that produces them are therefor, by their own admission, full of shit.

So no, I'm not gonna give you a 'solution' - since there isn't (a flawless) one!

We cannot go back 103 years in time and *not* annex the region for instance.

However, as stated earlier, it's easy to spot the clueless ones. The ones that can only produce oversimplefied drivel.

On that subject, what is Your solution? =)

Ah its Zarkow again,the white ,blue eyed , blonde haired 60kg wet behind the ears

Swede ,who also happens to be a self proclaimed computer-whizz,an awarded scholar of the Quran an the Holy Bible, a manager and moderator of umpteen chat forums and generally a twenty something year old know all.

In just two short months you have managed to call nasty names to,and cast aspersions on some of our most astute members as well as had the gall to try telling T/V administrators and mods how to do their jobs.

Its a pity that you are lacking the knowledge and maturity to post without resorting to sarcasm and name calling,grow up.

Mods, this is not a flame,merely a fortune telling exercise. :o

Ah its Zarkow again,the white ,blue eyed , blonde haired 60kg wet behind the ears

Swede ,who also happens to be a self proclaimed computer-whizz,an awarded scholar of the Quran an the Holy Bible, a manager and moderator of umpteen chat forums and generally a twenty something year old know all.

In just two short months you have managed to call nasty names to,and cast aspersions on some of our most astute members as well as had the gall to try telling T/V administrators and mods how to do their jobs.

Its a pity that you are lacking the knowledge and maturity to post without resorting to sarcasm and name calling,grow up.

And your contribution to this thread has been racial slurs, showing that you are a biggot and slandering of person.

Good work.

Just had to edit, but this part made me crack up: "astute members" - who would that be...you?

The post-count isn't a shield, it's just a posty-count.

Btw, should we go over your BS in the above post too, or should I just point out that you are wrong on the most points? Well, atleast you *almost* got my age right. And that is even written on this forum a couple of times...

Edited by Zarkow

And your contribution to this thread has been racial slurs, showing that you are a biggot and slandering of person.

Good work.

Just had to edit, but this part made me crack up: "astute members" - who would that be...you?

The post-count isn't a shield, it's just a posty-count.

Btw, should we go over your BS in the above post too, or should I just point out that you are wrong on the most points? Well, atleast you *almost* got my age right. And that is even written on this forum a couple of times...

You made the claims Z ,if you dont want them to bite you ,dont tell porkies. end of conversation. :D

You made the claims Z ,if you dont want them to bite you ,dont tell porkies. end of conversation. :o

Is porkies some sexual assie reference? Perhaps you are secretly in-love with me, I don't know - but reading posts in this forum isn't your strong side. Nor posting.

You still haven't given us your almighty solution to the conflict.

Edited by Zarkow

You made the claims Z ,if you dont want them to bite you ,dont tell porkies. end of conversation. :o

Is porkies some sexual assie reference? Perhaps you are secretly in-love with me, I don't know - but reading posts in this forum isn't your strong side. Nor posting.

You still haven't given us your almighty solution to the conflict.

Alright "smart guys" could you to say something worth reading, please. It's like a couple teenagers trying to out do each other, not interested. :D

Get back on topic.

Off topic ? Yeah, I guess so....what did you expect George ? The whole thing suddenly deteriorates after some poople resort to racial slurs/hateful expressions...then when some of us humanists (mainly me and Zarkow in this thread) object to this bigotry, then we get to be ridiculed.

Sorry, but unless I am banned or something, I will continue to take on the bigots on this forum....I am really amazed and upset that so much bigotry is allowed here sometimes.

Now back to the topic....very few people suggested ways to tackle the problem in the South. I myself couldn't suggest a lot of things but still, I suggested tighter control on religious schools and the sending of government-sponsored students (who want to study religion, theology, etc overseas) to 'secular countries' such as Turkey and Bosnia instead of, say, Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

Cheers,

Jem

Now back to the topic....very few people suggested ways to tackle the problem in the South. I myself couldn't suggest a lot of things but still, I suggested tighter control on religious schools and the sending of government-sponsored students (who want to study religion, theology, etc overseas) to 'secular countries' such as Turkey and Bosnia instead of, say, Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

Cheers,

Jem

I can really support tighter control of religious schools. A harder line, that wouldn't be liked by many and most likely only be enforced if _I_ get to be PM, is the complete ban on religious schools.

Young kids are far from ready to handle strong influence from the outside world and in effect will end up branwashed and without ability to question the teachings.

Not sure how the goverment founding of schools look but having requirements that all schools must meet, that is being used in other countries, would be one 'tool' to be able to counter these schools.

Edited by Zarkow

Hey  I don't care what you say about me  but don't you see the truth at all??  people  being bombed in  britian now  thailand!!!   These extremists want to change the world,  and doing  it  by  fear!!!!    and then  you blame the politicians??   where are they going to be  in some nice little  bunker  if a really big  attack   comes again like  africa and new  york and washington.   who cares  about facts  Are facts  going to stop  these people??   NO.  

We are at  war,   who  cares  who started it.   But  the  terrorists  definately want to finish  it!!!   I say we nuke the middle  east   end of story   get all troops out and then nuke  it to  high heaven.    :o

Simple solutions from the simple-minded.

So what's your solution?? Sit down and talk with these people at a peace conference? I love people who say I am simple minded and then have no solution to the problem!!! These people want to kill everyone and change the world.

If they need Help, they could call on the US Support. All they would have to do is ask.

I would go there and Fight for Thailand myself, if they would give me a Long term Visa to stay in Thailand. But the negative attitude the Thai Government has in Foriegn Relations, and immigrations makes Thailand an Easy Target for the Muslim Terrorists.

The Muslims did the same things in the Philipines when I was there, they have this Derranged idea that Ala gave them all the land in the World and so that gives them the Right to Kill and Steal everyone else's land. But I guess the Christians had the same kind of Mentality when they Stole the US away from the American Indians, and the US stole Hawaii away from the Hawaiians.

Religions that make people think they are BETTER than everyone else should be Abolished.

I would go help fight the Muslims, if the Thai Government would let me stay in Thailand after I help them. That's all I want is to hang out with the People I Love. Why wouldn't I fight to protect them? If I am willing to Give my Life to help Defend Thailand, the least they could do is Consider letting me stay awhile, YA KNOW?

I read through the entire thread and failed to find what his point is. It's all very well pointing out the lack of virtue in others but you (Zarkow) obviously have thought through the situation, so why not tell us what you would have done about it?

So what's your  solution??   Sit down and talk  with these people  at a peace conference?   I love  people who  say  I am simple minded and then  have no  solution to the problem!!!    These people want to kill everyone and change the world.

"these people"?

Who would that be...all muslims?

Was Zarkow in the tubes today?

I'm guessing you where, like always, down at the docks working the sailormen.

I read through the entire thread and failed to find what his point is. It's all very well pointing out the lack of virtue in others but you (Zarkow) obviously have thought through the situation, so why not tell us what you would have done about it?

If someone posts a post calling the sun black, should another poster that has infact looked upon the sun post and remind others that the sun is infact yellow (to the naked eye)? If the poster does so, is he responsible for the climate-problems in the world?

If everyone just used their head before posting this would be a lot nicer thread.

Unfortuanly I see that the same kind of people one had to fight back home exists here - just in a slightly altered flavour.

Thai wife = Hooker

Muslim = Terrorist

You people should be ashamed of yourselfs.

Edited by Zarkow

If someone posts a post calling the sun black, should another poster that has infact looked upon the sun post and remind others that the sun is infact yellow (the to naked eye)? If the poster does so, is he responsible for the climate-problems in the world?

That's a bad analogy, because in the case of the sun we are dealing with scientific fact, and in the case of the danger in the south of Thailand we have a broad spectrum of both subjective and objective considerations.

Why not offer us something to actually discuss? I'd do it for you if I didn't think you had something worthwhile to offer (or am I wrong?).

So what's your  solution??   Sit down and talk  with these people  at a peace conference?   I love  people who  say  I am simple minded and then  have no  solution to the problem!!!    These people want to kill everyone and change the world.

"these people"?

Who would that be...all muslims?

Was Zarkow in the tubes today?

I'm guessing you where, like always, down at the docks working the sailormen.

If someone posts a post calling the sun black, should another poster that has infact looked upon the sun post and remind others that the sun is infact yellow (the to naked eye)? If the poster does so, is he responsible for the climate-problems in the world?

If everyone just used their head before posting this would be a lot nicer thread.

Unfortuanly I see that the same kind of people one had to fight back home exists here - just in a slightly altered flavour.

Thai wife = Hooker

Muslim = Terrorist

I have to agree with Zarkow. I am sick of reading posts of kill them all. I think everyone has gotten mad and posted somethind like "kill them all", just getting emotional for a moment, but genocide is not an option, I don't even think it's possible. If all you have to add is "kill them all" then be quiet. We have all heard that advice before.

That's a bad analogy, because in the case of the sun we are dealing with scientific fact, and in the case of the danger in the south of Thailand we have a broad spectrum of both subjective and objective considerations.

Why not offer us something to actually discuss? I'd do it for you if I didn't think you had something worthwhile to offer (or am I wrong?).

You said you had read the whole thread so I assumed you saw what lead to the first posts from me. My mistake.

Anyway, a little kind racist on this board posted qoutes taken out of context to persay everyone that Islam was a religion of terror and world-dominans. Anyone with half a brain and the ability to read ofcourse knows this to be false.

And let's not forget, the same kind of qoutes can be 'manufactured' from the bible, and are on several bibel-bashing-sites online.

Ofcourse the little racist couldn't comprehend that in euroland we actually read about religions (all religions) and other countries in school, several times, throughout the whole educational system, and therefor continues his slures against me for somehow being 'in cahoot' with terrorists.

"Only a Sityh deals in absolutes" goes the movie...and it has never been more true.

(For one thing the goverment in all countries aught to do, looks some 5-6 posts above. About 'religious schools'.)

Edited by Zarkow

You said you had read the whole thread so I assumed you saw what lead to the first posts from me. My mistake.

Anyway, a little kind racist on this board posted qoutes taken out of context to persay everyone that Islam was a religion of terror and world-dominans. Anyone with half a brain and the ability to read ofcourse knows this to be false.

And let's not forget, the same kind of qoutes can be 'manufactured' from the bible, and are on several bibel-bashing-sites online.

Ofcourse the little racist couldn't comprehend that in euroland we actually read about religions (all religions) and other countries in school, several times, throughout the whole educational system, and therefor continues his slures against me for somehow being 'in cahoot' with terrorists.

"Only a Sityh deals in absolutes" goes the movie...and it has never been more true.

(For one thing the goverment in all countries aught to do, looks some 5-6 posts above. About 'religious schools'.)

just curious....

because of all the terrorists actions that have been occurring, I decided to do some research on islam. not that I want to practice the religion. but in an attempt to try to understand what is happening in the world.

I came upon this book named "Islam Unveiled". it refers to several quotes by Ayatollah Khomeini. one in particular kind of made me wonder about the mindset of people who practice islam.

quote:

"Allah did not create man so that he could have fun. The aim of creation was for mankind to be put to the test through hardship and prayer. An Islamic regime must be serious in every field. There are no jokes in Islam. There is no humor in Islam. There is no fun in Islam. There can be no fun and joy in whatever is serious."

my question to you Zarkow is - do you believe this way? and if not, why is this dude talking this way? he sounds like one major psycho.

no fun???? no wonder these guys are so crazy.

here is a link to the book where you can read some of the passages...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books

just curious....

because of all the terrorists actions that have been occurring, I decided to do some research on islam. not that I want to practice the religion.  but in an attempt to try to understand what is happening in the world.

I came upon this book named "Islam Unveiled".  it refers to several quotes by Ayatollah Khomeini.  one in particular kind of made me wonder about the mindset of people who practice islam.

quote:

"Allah did not create man so that he could have fun. The aim of creation was for mankind to be put to the test through hardship and prayer. An Islamic regime must be serious in every field. There are no jokes in Islam. There is no humor in Islam. There is no fun in Islam. There can be no fun and joy in whatever is serious."

my question to you Zarkow is - do you believe this way?  and if not, why is this dude talking this way?  he sounds like one major psycho.

no fun????  no wonder these guys are so crazy.

here is a link to the book where you can read some of the passages...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books

Somewhere along the line you also must have missed the fact that I'm an atheist.

Do a googling however on factual sites and 'true islam', and you will notice that they condemn all perverted versions of their religions.

The problem is that a lot of priest in power use religion as a tool to control the weakminded population for their own agenda. And this isn't even limited to Islam, as you might recall.

I would have thought it obvious that any group claiming a unique hold of 'truth' over any certain religion is going to 'condemn all perverted versions' of that religion. What you misunderstand is that the cited passage is an accurate, nay 'truthful' reflection of the religion in question.

There isn't any humour in a 'proper' application of the 'lifestyle' of 'islam'. It's not a 'perverted version' of the 'true islam', it is 'true islam'. :o

Edit: What I am trying to highlight here, Zarkow, is that your vitriolic distaste for those who post in what you term 'ignorance' of world religions (although admirable to some extent) is also a form of ignorance. You run a similar risk that you accuse others of running; that through your broader education of wordly religion, you are perhaps too keen to overlook the potential problems in a religion as a whole for the sake of maintaining a sort of quasi-fantastic world balance that affords you sleep at night. Is it possible that your introduction to a certain religion might have some large say in how you come to view it and analyse it later on in life?

The reality is that there are some very dark and unfavourable parts to most world religions and Islam is no exception. It's all very well to criticise 'americans' who post in this thread for their lack of knowledge about Islam, but you in turn must be careful not to wash over the spots that not only exist but are openly embraced by even the most thoughtful of islamic teachers. Similarly for Christianity, similarly for all religions. It is possible that your 'ignorant americans' (!) can approach the religion from a fresh angle and in doing so, provide you with some fresh insight. It's very popular right now in Europe to be relativistic about such matters and this is why we hear such phrases as 'it's not the religion, it's the people that try to manipulate it'. While there are indeed manipulators among the religious, there will also be times when the religion itself is the problem.

Edited by OxfordWill

I would have thought it obvious that any group claiming a unique hold of 'truth' over any certain religion is going to 'condemn all perverted versions' of that religion. What you misunderstand is that the cited passage is an accurate, nay 'truthful' reflection of the religion in question.

There isn't any humour in a 'proper' application of the 'lifestyle' of 'islam'. It's not a 'perverted version' of the 'true islam', it is 'true islam'. :o

*sigh*

Do I really have to post parts from the bible to prove the point? Or are you skilled enough with google yourself?

So I take it that your point is that there is humour in the 'true islam' lifestyle? If not, please clarify. Not sure, at this stage, what you would have me google for.

I'm not sure what you are reading, but it's not my posts.

There is nothing humoures about war, murders, religion or rascists posting edited segments.

And if you don't understand why it's misleading to cut out 17 sections from a very thick book, then I don't know what I could possible tell you to get my point across.

But if you want to surf the net for some 'humour', here is one pit-stop: http://www.evilbible.com/

Don't miss such classical entrys as:

If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

- John 5:31

I am one that bear witness of myself...

- John 8:18

[Jesus was the speaker in both of these quotes]

or

Kill Men, Women, and Children

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

Thi has absolutly no to do with the topic at hand, but since the moderators are letting racial slur stand and you ask direct questions, I choose to answer. Even though the answer, as stated, is off topic.

I came upon this book named "Islam Unveiled".  it refers to several quotes by Ayatollah Khomeini.  one in particular kind of made me wonder about the mindset of people who practice islam.

You are making a reference from the big-time fascist Khomeini (who, I think, was the major cause of the rise of fascist Islamism from the early 1980's) to make a point about Islam ?! Lol.........lol..........lol.................lol. Sorry...couldn't help laugh at this silliness.

Actually, the Iranian situation is very sad....I have met several people from Iran...I am yet to come across someone who is pro-regime. There is so much positive potential in Iran. Let's hope that one day in the not-so-distant future this fascist regime in Iran will be overthrown.

Back to the topic.........errrr....seriously, we have steered quite far off the topic here...ok, I shall make a point about the topic in hand...ok, time will tell if this new strategy of Thaksin will be of any help. I seriously doubt that his so-called 'war on drugs' has reduced the no of Thai drug users and I seriously doubt that this new heavy-handed strategy in dealing with the troubles in the Deep South will be of any positive impact...let's wait and see, folks.

Cheers,

Jem

QUOTE(george @ [quote=george,2005-07-21 14:04:13)
Are we off topic here??

[right+-->

QUOTE(george,2005-07-21 14:04:13-->
QUOTE(george @ [quote=george,2005-07-21 14:04:13)
Are we off topic here??

[right)

Well of the topic, yes. But perfect examples of emotions flairing up. It's good we can only fight with words on this forum, from where ever we are. It would be interesting to add a terror button for the site, for all the users to be able to bomb each other when they wish but by doing so terminating them selves too...... :o

I don't think terrorism is anyhow related to relegion. Now the big global problem is terrorist who happen to be muslim. 500 years ago christians were the terrorists.

Solutions..... there are many ideas, no solutions really. USA, Thailand have just escalated the problem, mainly their fault. If they would have chosen different way of actions, things would be different. Now it looks like the problems are only beginning....

This point i think proper way of action is to get pakistan and saudis etc.. to close their fundamentalist schools which preach hatred today. But i don't see it really feasible solution. Can you go to put the Pope in jail? I don't think so.

I'm out of solutions. Hope someone can work out their brain better than me.. We need solutions.

I don't think terrorism is anyhow related to relegion.

How did you reach this conclusion?

As I tried to explain. It's not islam that is makeing this happen. Religion is just a tool to use to make it happen. And easy scapegoat also.

My point being most muslims don't symphathise with terrorists, on the contrary. They denounce it. This time the terrorists happen to be muslims. But terrorism has no connection to their religion what so ever. It's different. Yes muslims are doing this. But it goes far beyond the religions.

Good reading on the history and some reasons leading to this world situation is. What went wrong?: The clash between Islam and modernity in the Middle East.

What I was saying is that this is still mostly not a religious issue. You can make it to be so, if you choose so.

SO are you saying these terrorists are the true muslims?

Religion is mostly poison. Asians got it better sure. Not to memorize, but think...

what i have read over the last couple of pages, is either winding people up or trying to find justification of someone elses perverted beliefs.

simply understood from a man of average intelligence religion is the biggest cause of trauma and death to law abbiding people all over the globe.

the quicker we eradicate the extreme clerical learning schools the better for everyone, this is not a solution, but it is somewhere solid to start.