East Coast Or West Coast In October ?

svenivan

Hi everyone,

My oldest daughter with family plans to take a trip from Europe now in beginning of October.

We have been to Krabi, Lanta, Ngai, Muk, Bulon Lee before so we know these islands.

But we always been there in January - March.

So where to go now in October where it hopefully not rain all day? A shower now and then is no problem, just refreshing, but raining for a week is no fun with two small children, 4 and 6.

If you can recommend a hotel, guesthouse or a resort I will be happy. We stay for 3 weeks and probably 1 week at each place.

Thanks in advance!

B):DB)

In October is not easy to have a rain-free holiday as it is pretty wet in both coasts so it will be difficult so say east or west, choose the place you like most. As you said, the rain generally falls within the span of an hour or two so it will not be a big problem. The rain cools down the temperatures a bit and cleans the air nicely.

What is your budget for the accommodation?

Cheers

In October is not easy to have a rain-free holiday as it is pretty wet in both coasts so it will be difficult so say east or west, choose the place you like most. As you said, the rain generally falls within the span of an hour or two so it will not be a big problem. The rain cools down the temperatures a bit and cleans the air nicely.

What is your budget for the accommodation?

Cheers

Yeah, we are not looking for rain-free but hope to avoid when it is raining for a week.

Budget for my daughter with family in one house maybe 2000 baht incl A/C. For myself with wife we try to find something simpler without A/C for around 1000 baht. Been travelling with my daughters in Andaman Sea 3 times and most time we find resorts with different types of accomodation. One normal and one for "Cheap Charlie" !

Just wonder if Koh Chang is an alternativ, I have been there with my wife in middle of July and that as OK. And July should be in the middle of the Rainyseason.

Cheers!

:DB):D

In October Koh Lanta 100%. It tends to rain for a little while mid afternoon for an hour or so and then sunshine the rest of the time. Best part is bungalow prices are way way cjeaper than other times.

Still you risk a late monsoon I suppose...but I've not seen it happen the three years I was there October and the beach is clean then too. ;)