Cheap Hosting...

stats

Hi Everyone...

As i was surfing the net i came across a Hosting company that offer very Cheap hosting...Well by looking at their web site i was begining to ask my self why is the plans so cheap.....

All their plans includes unlimited addon,parked domains and also unlimited emails...

They even have live chat support on their site....After chatting with their technical staff i still dont get it...Why is it very cheap..When ask about the Server uptime he says its 99.9 Uptime...

But still again im not convince..There must be a catch or anything...I have heard lots of horror stories about Cheap hosting ...Most of them promises cheap,reliable,99.9 uptime but in the end it turns to be a sour experience....

Where can i get to know more info about this hosting company ?????

Here is the address.....Please tell me what do u think of it???I am very curious....

I check their Domain Whois and it stated that their domains is from Canada...PErhaps anyone could check it out and tell me weather its reliable or not...

www.skatewhale.com

Its all to good to be true....Mybe its a scam..

Regards

Tytus

domains from canada....their mailing address is frm canada....http://www.skatewhale.com/contact.htm

the safest varification would be to send them a snail mail...hehe

their prices r dirt cheap......almost too good to be true...

no good references frm google...

only some big time webhosts could afford to offer such prices(or someone runin the show frm their home)....

from what i see frm google is that they arent BIG....

Hi Devil Dog...Its been a long time...How are ya??

Anyway...My Trial Account is now approved by them before i reply to this thread....its a 10 day trial..with 1GB Space...And unlimited Bandwitch...unlimited emails....

It takes them 20 mins(Fast) to approve for a trial account for me...And no Credit Card Verification was ask...........And no obligation

I am trying to see whats in their CPanel and what they have to offer...

Why not you try them yourself so that we could know whats so special about their cheap Hosting.....But wide range of offers...

And also im trying to see weather its really 99.9%up time for this 10 days trial..

Im just trying out coz im curious...Even the Big Hosting Company are not offering such a deal..

Regards

Tytus

hi tytus...im doin fine...wht abt u?..

its gr8 that they gave a 10 day trial without any obligation...

im runin my own server in SE asia and i know how much it costs...

im considerin to offer webhosting n i would offer 1 gig space(10GB transfer) at at maybe $10 to 15 a month....{not advertising here}

even if they r cheap servers, i still dont get how they liquidate the cost of bandwidth...

frm what i see they use plesk which is quite powerful...and expensive too...

99.9% uptime is prety standard....and its difficuly to really verify that.

the reverse DNS of the IP they host their server on points me to ns.jump-server.net so it seems that r sharing the server.....

as a preacution dont buy the domain from these ppl caus if you do they will be in control of your domain.

The prices are good but marginally so. Also if you take a close look at their web site you will quickly see that it is far from a world class hosting company. Many spelling and grammatical errors in their pages. This is a red flag for me. I have a commercial web site and the hosting company is critical for me. The one I am with is definately world class and rated at the top of the list. www.ipowerweb.com. 7.95/month 3G/50GB bw and free domain registration. Been with them for 4 years now and their uptime is 99.999% using a 3rd party independent monitoring company. The main thing I would worry about is that they may go under in a year or two.

However, for a personal hosting site for a non-critical website I don't see any problems with them.

That is a nice price & package. That plan is pretty big and they have smaller & cheaper ones that are still pretty generous. Seems the domain has been registered a year only and so is relatively new which is a consideration. They even have a "buy 1 get 1" where you pay a month/year and get a free month/year and at those prices there is not much to lose. The only nit for me is I like plans that allow you to host as many domains as you want within the plan. Hosting prices continue to go down which is nice. Gotta love it.

Edited by The Coder

Thing to consider guys; would you want a woman that everyone can afford?

Or would you want a woman that costs a little more, has a few more options but, one that takes care of you when things do go wrong and that not just one that says she will keep you up 99.9% of the time but, actually prooves it?

I would rather pay those few dollars more per year and leave the worrying to others. Nuff said.

As for the original poster. I am afraid of things that are free! The only thing in life I found free are Mother's milk, love and happiness. Then I moved to Thailand and found that NOTHING!!!! is free.

Hey im Good DD....

Well thanx for everyone to join in the discussion....Yes you are rite...Mouse...To get a women that is hard to find or a women that is more expensive is better than the cheap ones... :D:D:o

Its the same as the hosting you get.....But i kind of feeling that they run their server in a University hostel or simething......

Tohost your commercial site you need a good reliable and an upmarket hosting server..thats rite...

I have a bad experience with a hosting company...This company offer me $1 for a 500mb space 15 GB of bandwitch 5 addon and 5 prked..and many more feautures...

i tried going with them for about 3 month....But after a 3 month....Their sales service email me and says that they are going to closed the server down the reason was they cant maintain the server....Wow this was by far the most horror thing happens to my life on hosting....

Then after the news comes up trouble was all over as i need to transfer All my files from their account to another hosting...That is bad...Simply bad...

So i dont know how reliable is all this cheap hosting offering as low as $1....Might 1 day they came up to you and says we're sorry that we need to shut down the server for good...

That was it for me.....

Any comment everyone???

Hi,

I have a couple of websites hosted with 3ix, another dirtcheap hosting company.

Never had any problems in over a year now!

So I guess it's possible to give service like that!

3ix hosting

I would back that, only because I found the guys to be very helpful, quickly. Been hosting various domains there for more than a year, good uptime, fast response. At Bht 40/month, who can argue? How to make a profit out of that? Volume i suppose, but if the s**t should ever hit the fan, it only takes a few hours to move hosts anyways

have a bad experience with a hosting company...This company offer me $1 for

I can give you an even worse story about a very big web host that charged $15. Pricing of hosting in my experience means little in the way of how good it is. Choose web hosts with a good reputation that have been around a long time. Cheap hosts can be very good and expensive hosts very bad; you just gotta do the research. Nothing beats listening to past and present customers and knowing whether the host is a stable company. Another problem is new companies often start having problems scaling their services when they overfill their capacity.

Thing to consider guys; would you want a woman that everyone can afford?

Or would you want a woman that costs a little more, has a few more options but, one that takes care of you when things do go wrong and that not just one that says she will keep you up 99.9% of the time but, actually prooves it?

Mouse,

My number 2 wife is much more inexpensive than number 1 was.

But I got a much better deal. :o:D

Cost is not everything, but just because something is more expensive doesn't mean that it is better.

emm good views there...Might be correct sometimes the more expensive one is costly and might be a bad one too...

example/...you have a beautifull Girlfriend...She is damm sexy...and maintanance is very high..she likes to spend alot ...then one day you cant maintain her and she starts to look for other guys that can maintain And she might dump you anytime..Well i think this makes sense...Expensive might not be good... :o:D:D

I cam across a forum called webhostingtalk...and this forum have alot of members offering their hosting plan...well so many of them are offering so low price....

im still doing some studies on why they give out cheap plans....Are they just trying to bring in Trafficto their site???

And what happens if they cant coup with a massive oders???

Hi,

I have a couple of websites hosted with 3ix, another dirtcheap hosting company.

Never had any problems in over a year now!

So I guess it's possible to give service like that!

3ix hosting

I would back that, only because I found the guys to be very helpful, quickly. Been hosting various domains there for more than a year, good uptime, fast response. At Bht 40/month, who can argue? How to make a profit out of that? Volume i suppose, but if the s**t should ever hit the fan, it only takes a few hours to move hosts anyways

I also recommend 3ix. They have always been very quick to help. I took their web design package which was an absolute bargain and they did a very good job. Have a look at www.pineapplephuket.com.

Noticed skatewhale seems to be built inside godaddy.com. At Go Daddy instead of your $4 getting 1GB space and 10GB bandwidth it gets you 4GB space and 100GB bandwidth. Cheap and a reputable company!!!

I've heard some less than complimentary things about Go Daddy hosting.

Someone posted a link to Webhosting Talk the other day. You'll find a lot of info on the cheap end of the hosting market there. Use the 'search' for threads on specific hosts.