Hire A Minibus For The Day

p_brownstone

I occasionally need to hire a Minibus / People Carrier type of vehicle - plus Driver - to take the family out for a day trip, and occasionally for an overnight stay somewhere. There are only 4 of us but the kids like the extra space).

I know the usual rate is Baht 1,500.- per day exclusive of fuel but I find it hard to get a reliable owner / driver.

Does anyone have a good contact they could pass on to me - this would be starting / finishing in the On Nuch / Samrong area.

Patrick

Mr. Potter, 085-105-8324, minivans and cars. Rates are good. I have used them to go to Hua Hin (I think they charged 3000 baht round trip BKK-HH) and Pattaya and they have always been on time, the vehicles have always been in good shape and the drivers (at least by Thai standards) are safe.

Pen, Paper, Intersection. You'll have 10 different possibilities within 20 minutes?

Being at a random intersection at the right time hardly qualifies a driver as being reliable.

No, but it would show that the minivan is roadworthy ;)

You're right, it would. :) But the OP isn't have a problem finding a roadworthy van....he's having trouble finding a reliable driver/owner.

I used this company in Feb: [email protected]

I hired two vans for my family who were over visiting for my wedding, the Van had seat belts and was a Toyota D4D.

We paid B1800 per day, in and around Bangkok for a 12 hour day (fuel and express ways were extra)

We paid B1950 per day outside of Bangkok and B450 for drivers accommodation if necessary (i.e. outside of Bangkok for a few days).

My instructions and times were quite convoluted often an early start oen day, followed by a later start the next day. The drivers didn't put a foot wrong and helped a lot with baggage, sisters kids etc... and most of all I found them reliable and trustworthy.

One of the drivers didn't speak English but made up for that with common sense.

Edited by richard_smith237