Wp Holders

There's been a reorganization at the labour office.

They now demand a health certificate.

This was my fifth year for my work permit and it was the first time it been asked for.

The certificate must state.

Not being insane or mentally sick, suffering from Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Drug Addiction, Alcoholism, Elephantiases and Tertiary Syphilis.

• Like 1

What is 'Tertiary Syphilis'. On second thoughts no don't please....

Insane or mentally sick....alcoholism...will the last expat please close the door behind you.....

:D

Tertiary syphilis is a late phase of the disease syphilis.

half a case of beer every night, does that make me an alcholic? hicup

if it does then iiim a happpeee halcoholiccc hicup

Wow what do you do with the other half of the case? Bury it in the garden.....lock it in the safe and throw away the key......how is this possible? :blink:

680 Baht at Thai International.

Pee in a cup ( drug test???)

Draw some blood for Syphilis test.

The doctor laughed because he had never seen this requirements before.

He tested me for mental illness ("Do you have history of mental illness in your family") :crazy:

I managed to pass the Elephantiases test without problems... :lol:

Edited by PoorSucker

He tested me for mental illness ("Do you have history of mental illness in your family") :crazy:

I'm waiting for someone to do the test at Bangkok Samui hospital.

Doctor: "Are you mental?"

Expat: "Yes!"

they were requiring a legit physical at least 9 months ago. wouldn't accept mine from the beach road clinic doc. TIT of course and no one at the government hospital knew of the new regulations and of course were not prepared to administer any tests. i even took some thai staff with me to explain in detail and it still took two separate trips. doesn't help to tell them it's for a WP, it would help though to have someone write down each individual test in Thai and that it is for the WP and if any questions please call Labor Dept.

Not being smart here, but wouldn't the department of Labour have this in Thai? I mean Thai employers also recruit staff & procure WP for them , so that must also be applicable to them too.

well speaking from a 9 months ago time frame, in spite of the fact that it was a new requirement for WP, no one at the labor dept could help my staff obtain any info about it and no one from the government hospital knew that they were now required to legitimize the testing. as with all things banana republic, new requirements will be in effect before the old ones are widely disseminated.

What the hel_l is Elephantiases???????

Elephantiasis (/ˌɛləfənˈtaɪəsɪs, -fæn-/ [el-uh-fuhn-tahy-uh-sis, -fan-]) is a disease that is characterized by the thickening of the skin and underlying tissues, especially in the legs, male genitals. In some cases the disease can cause certain body parts, such as the scrotum, to swell to the size of a softball or basketball.[1] "Elephantitis" is a common mis-hearing of the term, from confusing the ending -iasis (process or resulting condition) with the more commonly heard -itis (irritation or inflammation). The proper medical term is Elephantiasis,[2] and it is caused by filariasis or podoconiosis [3].

If that bangkok Samui hospital you're talking about you forgot the last all important bit....

You forgot the last bit

Administration Dept; Thankyou sir, that will be 20,000 baht please. Cash or credit card.

• Like 2

If that bangkok Samui hospital you're talking about you forgot the last all important bit....

You forgot the last bit

Administration Dept; Thankyou sir, that will be 20,000 baht please. Cash or credit card.

No need for that carmine......admin does room service for its preferred guests. :ermm::bah: