Pattaya Genuine Petrol, Not Gasahol, Station?

floridaguy

Sorry, I know I have seen something similar to this elsewhere but I couldn't find it, and I am in a hurry and need to get on the road. I am riding my bike to Pattaya, and I need to know the locations of any petrol stations that sell real petrol or gasoline. I can't use gasohol in the bike. I will be staying on Beach Rd.

Thanks, and again, sorry if this has already been discussed, I just didn't have much time to find it, and I won't have my laptop with me later.

Cheers

Ptt or shell sell real gasoline. But real gasoline only has 91 octane. Normally marked as red color.

When you go to the Ptt or hel_l, tell them you want "91 tamada"

91 benzene = red (in Ptt)

95 benzene = yellow (in ptt and normally only can find it in BKK)

91 gasohol = green (in ptt)

95 gasohol = orange (in ptt)

Good luck.

Texaco filling stations also have benzine petrols. I think Esso stations do as well. There are no filling stations near beach road. Most are on Sukhumvit road in Pattaya and close at 9pm. To buy petrol near the beach or after hours, you have to buy from vendors who sell it in glass whiskey bottles on one of the sois. Yellow petrol is benzine 95. Red petrol is benzine 91. You can ask a motorcycle taxi for a location nearby.

Ptt or shell sell real gasoline. But real gasoline only has 91 octane. Normally marked as red color.

When you go to the Ptt or hel_l, tell them you want "91 tamada"

91 benzene = red (in Ptt)

95 benzene = yellow (in ptt and normally only can find it in BKK)

91 gasohol = green (in ptt)

95 gasohol = orange (in ptt)

Good luck.

Just an update on national petroleum product standardisation:

As of February this year ULR91 (Benzene 91 - no ethanol) is a clear/straw type colour, ULR95 (Benzene 95 - no ethanol) is a blue colour, G91 E10 is a green colour and G95 E10 is an orange colour; same colours for same products at all filling stations throughout the country.

Just beware that many/most filling stations have not updated their colour schemes/product signage.

(Note: Biodiesel B5 is now RED under the new national colour scheme.)