Non Imm O Renew

Hi ALL,

It is almost time to renew my NON-IMM O (based on Marriage) Nov 1st

After we summit our papers, the officer stamps my visa an additional month (Dec 1st) whilst it's being processed in Bangkok.

During the "waiting time” Am I allowed to leave the country? I have multiple entry exit permit which expires with the visa. Do I need to buy an additional exit permit?

Any experience with this scenario? If I do leave it seems I would be stamped back in until DEC 1, at which time I would return to my local immigration office (before Dec 1st) and collect my 1-year visa.

Thanks for your time. HH :jap:

You'll need a new re-entry permit after you received the 'under consideration stamp'. This re-entry permit will match the date when you have to show up at Immigration to collect the final stamp, so make sure you'll be back by then.

opalhort

I have done the same the last year. Have got a temporary Extension and had to pay for additional multi-entry permission. Then when I've got the visa of course I had to pay for a new multi-entry permission. Quite espensive but nevertheless it worked.

A warning: never ever leave the country without having the valid reentry stamp as you would loose your visa otherwise.

Best regards

Most people would not need a multi entry for the 30 days that a re-entry permit would be valid during the under review period. After the one year extension of stay stamp is in passport would be the time to get that if you planned extensive travel.