Any Jobs On Koh Phangan?

PaulyS

Hi all,

I have been living in Thailand for about 4.5 years, but only recently moved to Koh Phangan about a month ago. Was just wondering if anyone knew of any jobs for foreigners? I am English, not qualified on paper to do anything (wanted to jump into the working world asap, something I now regret), but I am very computer literate, have experience in customer service, great peoples skills, highly motivated and can pretty much put my mind to anything given little time and a very hard worker!

I tried setting up a business last year and ended up losing a lot of money, now money is running very low. Tried to return to England last year to get some money, but global recession didn't help matters much, just ended up spending a lot of time in the job centre. I'm not expecting the world in salary, just enough to live. Have approached a lot of resorts, and just being told to comeback in December when its high season. I don't think I can hold out until then, and would really hate to have to return to England!

Peak of low season is not the best time to look for a job, and given that you are a foreigner and will require a work permit too, I wouldn't hold out alot of hope. but best you can do is maybe try one of the schools and see if they have anything available

you could become a monk you get free food and a roo over your head and learn about buddisme

You could try hanging around the docks at Thong Sala picking up sailors, though the pickings would be better at Nathon with the cruise ships and Thai Navy boys :whistling:

that's the constant and overbearing threat of moderation, e.g. "i was going to post in that thread earlier however i knew there'd be a rooo over my head and changed my mind"

What's a roo over his head?

Phew, thank God & here I was thinking it had some sort of sexual connotations to it, or some sort of violence.

that's the constant and overbearing threat of moderation, e.g. "i was going to post in that thread earlier however i knew there'd be a rooo over my head and changed my mind"

What's a roo over his head?

Phew, thank God & here I was thinking it had some sort of sexual connotations to it, or some sort of violence.

It's still a possibility Rooo, We don't really know Big C's preferences? :)

As English they will have to pay you 50.000 baht/month.

Do you have any skills that would have an employer pay that.

For a English teacher the salary requirement is less.

I heard theres many cash in hand jobs on the island eg resorts but must wait till high season. Resorts pay 10-12000 + room + food, thats kinda enough for me. Like I said I'm not looking for much just enough to stay with here with the girl I love. I will have means to make money via internet but at a later date, need to hold out till then.

I heard theres many cash in hand jobs on the island eg resorts but must wait till high season. Resorts pay 10-12000 + room + food, thats kinda enough for me. Like I said I'm not looking for much just enough to stay with here with the girl I love. I will have means to make money via internet but at a later date, need to hold out till then.

You can not get a work permit on that salary.

You need to think about your visa requirements & what basis you will be trying to get one.I suggest to have a look here to give you some idea.

You need to think about your visa requirements & what basis you will be trying to get one.I suggest to have a look here to give you some idea.

I have been on a double entry tourist visa for the past 4.5 years....and I am aware that your not allowed to work on them, but I would do anything for my girl and yes I pretty sure the resorts that pay farang are well aware that theres no work permits involved too. I have a couple of contacts on the island who have pointed me to the resorts that will accept someone on a tourist. They just want a farang to talk to their farang customers, but as I previously stated they just don't wanna pay the wages in low season. I was told to comeback in december (and they knew I was on a tourist).

but is helping out some thai people with their customers (they want a farang!) any different to me making a living on the internet? both are technically no-no's?

I have been on a double entry tourist visa for the past 4.5 years....and I am aware that your not allowed to work on them, but I would do anything for my girl and yes I pretty sure the resorts that pay farang are well aware that theres no work permits involved too. I have a couple of contacts on the island who have pointed me to the resorts that will accept someone on a tourist. They just want a farang to talk to their farang customers, but as I previously stated they just don't wanna pay the wages in low season. I was told to comeback in december (and they knew I was on a tourist).

but is helping out some thai people with their customers (they want a farang!) any different to me making a living on the internet? both are technically no-no's?

:rolleyes: Jeez, they're actually out there aren't they ? Sure to be busted but then again I'm sure this guy is trolling, can't be for real !