Changing Departments At Cmu

Does anybody have exprience with changing departments within a University (I work at CMU) My work permit states that I work for CMU but in brackets has the faculty I work for. I am looking to transfer to another faculty but have been told that I would need to go through the whole process of changing a work permit i.e. 7 days or leave the country. Any views?

I work at a high profile Thai uni in Bkk.

I recently changed jobs within the same faculty. The Admin. staff were clear that the old work permit had to be cancelled and a new one issued and they proceeded quickly to get the new one issued. (New work permit book, new WP number.)

It's my understanding that the issue of the new one was made easier because the application stated that I was moving to a different job.

I have PR so sory I cannot comment of the visa part of the situation.

Good luck.

No need to cancel the work permit, just make a change to it at the labor office.

Not sure if they permission to stay needs to be canceled and you have to get a new permission of stay. That would depend on immigration, but if you need to you just cancel it and file for a new 1 year extension of stay based on the new function at the same time. Will cost 1,900 baht and a lot of paperwork.