Unscented Laundry Detergent

ricklev

I have a problem with scented laundry soaps. I can't even spend more than a minute in the laundry section without gagging-I am that sensitive...I use liquid baby laundry detergent marked as mild that does not have perfume. I am out of it presently so i can't give you the brand name (I usually buy it at Carrefour) but it cleans my clothes fine. If it is strong enough to clean sh_t from babies clothes it can certainly clean some dirt from my clothes!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm happy to report that the newly opened Lemon Farm at The Portico on Lang Suan sells a liter of unscented laundry detergent for 50 baht or so.

It is basically just a sodium lauryl sulfate solution but it works fine. It does seem to have a slight perfume but it is so minimal that there is no odor whatsoever after washing.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I've been amazed how much scent is added to products here. At the same time, given the heat and sweat that comes with it, it's somewhat understandable.

After being here for a few weeks, (I've moved here) I'm glad to find this post on unscented detergents.

Thanks!

Villa now sells Arm and Hammer detergent without scent.

Lemon Farm does not sell the local product anymore, but Ban Suan Pai does.

Info: Inside the courtyard of a yoga and retreat center compound, you'll find several, small veg food stands, a couple shops selling health food products, an herbal doctor offering treatments, and a gym. Confirmed open by HappyCow March 2012. It's well tucked away and difficult to find. Also known as 'Baan Aree' (Ari house) or 'Banana Family Park.' Directions: Take exit 1 from Ari Station, walk for 3 minutes towards the ESSO service station, immediately before ESSO you will see an alleyway with 'Banana Family Park' on the wall in bright letters, walk up this alleyway and continue through the complex as if you are going to exit out through the back, and you will find all the vegetarian stalls and health shop right at the back.

• Like 1