Tot Phone Bills - No Meter Reading!

RDN

Anyone noticed the new TOT phone bills? Instead of a slip of paper with all the data in one place, you get an A4 sized sheet with just financial figures. You get these new figures: previous balance, paid amount, current charge and outstanding balance.

But what you used to get (and don't get any more) is the current meter reading and the number of units. All the other figures are derived from this basic data and could be used to find out how much you were paying per unit.

Are they trying to pull something here? Why remove useful information? :o

I think you will find that is just for this month.

They have changed the billing dates and the A4 sheet explains all that.

Next month you will be back to the normal type bill.

Well thats what has happened to me .

...Next month you will be back to the normal type bill...

I should've said that I've been getting these for 3 months :o

Maybe I'll pop into the ToT office and ask them why the change - if I can find anyone there who speaks English, of course.

Has anybody else been receiving their new accounts after the pay by date has passed, for three months now we have had to trundle 10km to the TOT office because 7/11 stores wont accept once pay by date has passed.

Yes Ozzy,  same with me.

Last two bills arrived one day after the cut off date.

Almost every time ToT bill arrives a few days after cut off date. And the Bank refuses to help me pay.

Water-, garbage- and electricity- bills I have to pay cash at my door.

The paying- systems may be developed a little in Thailand.

On the TOT website you can register to view and pay online.

After 6 weeks of trying I managed to register.

Now it says my username is unknown but when I try and register again

it says that username already registered.

The words rat and smell spring to mind

Did somebody spike the water or what? TOT does the phone bills. The electric has the current meter reading and units where you figure out the cost per unit. Different dragons.

The TOT phone bills are indeed a mess now with a hunt required for the phone number and so much extra paper they must have a logging contract.

You can have direct debit from your bank account to pay TOT if you fill out the forms to do so. Electric and CAT also.

On the TOT website you can register to view and pay online.

After 6 weeks of trying I managed to register.

Now it says my username is unknown but when I try and register again

it says that username already registered.

The words rat and smell spring to mind

The words "pissup" and "brewery" spring to mine.

I've been using a new TOT line for nearly 3 months now, and am yet to receive a bill..

There must be B10k+ of calls on it, should I be worried about being cut off, or is this a True style <deleted> up where I get it for free?? :o

Did somebody spike the water or what?  TOT does the phone bills.  The electric has the current meter reading and units where you figure out the cost per unit. ...

My old ToT bill used to show the telephone meter units - this is the meter in the exchange that counts your phone usage. With digital exchanges, I doubt there is a meter any more, but the units are still counted and were included on my old bills.

I have an Excel spreadsheet on which I can enter the meter reading - the spreadsheet then calculates what the bill should be, so I can check it. Now, they just tell me the cost with no reference back to the number of units.

I do the same with my electric bill. I know, I know... but I've got to do something to keep the brain cells active :o

OK, got it now. I also do the Electric to keep track of the per unit cost and monthly change in usage but for phone just have normal service and that is 3 baht per call and 100 baht per month so wan't thinking outside that box.