Nong Khai Air Pollution?

funlovinkid

I'm wondering if anyone can comment on what the air quality in the Nong Khai area is like. I know that many cities in northern Thailand (like Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai) are severely affected every year by smoke from the controlled burning that takes place all over Myanmar, Laos, and northern Thailand in the February - April period, but does it affect Nong Khai as well?

affected every year by smoke from the controlled burning that takes place

There is nothing and I mean nothing that is controlled about those burns.:lol: :lol: Nong Khai, its bad but nothing like Chiang Mai or Northern Thailand. Nong Khai is in Northeast Thailand and further south than Chiang Mai.

Edited by gotlost

• 2 weeks later...

No. No problems in Nongkhai town. Smell of cars and tuktuk's but their noice is worse. And in the hills no smoke in the way other parts of the country suffer. Yes, they sometimes burn rice fields but people here have small ricefields, one or two ngaan, and than you smell smoke just one day. That's the way they work here. Some fields are with rice, some fields are resting, some fields will be burned and than they start working with the iron buffalo. I live 8 km from town and never had a problem with my longs.