Question, Please

ginooooo

shipping container to Klong Toey, BKK, mondo beaurocratic hassle there, then use Nim Sii Saeng

to ship to wherever you want in country.

Better to buy here, in all likelihood. Important personal things can be sent

FedEx, UPS, I think another is TNT...

less time and hassle. Even the post office seems to work now -

I just recieved a US government check through regular mails!

(wouldn't have happened 10 years ago...)...

You certainly don't want to ship a cedar trunk or fridge, so, unless you're really

attached to your car (which may well have steering on the wrong side)

a shipping container might well be hard to fill

(unless you're a real clothes horse!).

Find username raro on the forum. He is a mod and is also involved in shipping into and out of Thailand. He can offer answers. Send him a PM with your questions.

Here is the link to his profile. You can send him a PM from that page. http://www.thaivisa....user/6036-raro/

I contacted him and he does not deal with personal items anymore. Refers people to Seabra.

I used Siam International to move a 20' container from outside of Seattle, WA to here. They dropped off the container for 3 days for me to pack and SECURE (items inside from shifting and crunching everything else), picked up the container and took it to the docks in Seattle, shipped in to Bangkok and eventually trucked up to Phayao. You will have to send in your passport for customs to verify. I had all this done for less than $5000 USD. I had 11 guitars I could not have replaced at any Baht amount. I think I only paid $80 USD in tariffs. SI is out of LA, CA. They have a web site if you Google them. Good luck. trex

• Like 1

I used Siam International to move a 20' container from outside of Seattle, WA to here. They dropped off the container for 3 days for me to pack and SECURE (items inside from shifting and crunching everything else), picked up the container and took it to the docks in Seattle, shipped in to Bangkok and eventually trucked up to Phayao. You will have to send in your passport for customs to verify. I had all this done for less than $5000 USD. I had 11 guitars I could not have replaced at any Baht amount. I think I only paid $80 USD in tariffs. SI is out of LA, CA. They have a web site if you Google them. Good luck. trex

Thank you. Tell you the truth, I really will not have much to take but my wife, well, that is a different story being a hoarder that she is. Never know until the time comes to pack up and go.

Gino

I used a company called Robinson's International Shipping Agents. Prices undoubtedly out of date, but 8yrs back they charged me 2,000GBP for a full container, door to door including marine insurance. They will also take part containers, you simply share with others using their service.

Not a hitch during the whole process, sat and watched them load it in England, left everything in storage for a couple of years (now THAT was more expensive than the shipping, beware) while deciding where I wanted to live, rang them, two weeks later watched a bunch of incredibly polite and careful Thai blokes unload and place exactly where I wanted. Amazing for this country, they even tidied up all the packing materials and took them away, leaving the place spotless!!

Checked http://www.robinsons-intl.com/contact-us and though they're UK based they're able to organise worldwide shipping from/to any destination.