Car Plate Number - Translation

landak

I am planning to travel to Malaysia by car which is registered in Thailand.

I intend to get a car sticker and need to convert the 2 Thai alphabet to English alphabet? My car plate is ฎฉ

So what is the English alphabet ?

Can I use the same car sticker to Burma, Laos, & Combodia.

Do these countries have same requirement to have a car sticker to translate from Thai to English alphabet ?

Why must you translate it? I would think that Malaysia, being a bordering country wouldn't require translation, nor would they want you to.

ฎ is normally translated to D, but I have seen others. It is called chada

ฉ is normally Ch. It is called ching

I would ask before you translate it, I would bet that you aren't required to.

Ignore the above posts. There is a recognised transcription system where a letter of the Thai alphabet matches up with a letter or a number in the roman alphabet. They don't necessarily get translated to a similar sound in the roman alphabet, if at all.

here is a thread I wrote a few years back on my trip.

here is another thread I dug up.

Remember, if you take the car over the border and you don't fully own it, you'll need the owners permission.

The English translation is as follows I cannot see why it would be translated any different.

Like the other posters said this is a mid class consonant translates d this Thai letter is not used very often it's usually this one that is used .

This Thai letter is a high class consonant tranlates ch there are two others which translate as ch.

Edited by Kwasaki

Ignore the above posts. There is a recognised transcription system where a letter of the Thai alphabet matches up with a letter or a number in the roman alphabet. They don't necessarily get translated to a similar sound in the roman alphabet, if at all.

here is a thread I wrote a few years back on my trip.

http://www.thaivisa...._1#entry1940345

here is another thread I dug up.

http://www.thaivisa....by-the-finance/

Remember, if you take the car over the border and you don't fully own it, you'll need the owners permission.

Yeah, ignore all the posts, because we all gave the correct answer to the question.