Converting International License To Thai

gravion

^you should go to the office nearest to where you live.

You'll need copies of your passport with visa pages and entry stamps etc., a medical, a confirmation of residence letter from immigration and a couple of photos (in case their computer is down again although this might not be an option any more).

Yes it's a same day process, less than a couple of hours actually.

http://driving.information.in.th/driving-licence.html

Edited by PattayaParent

this was posted afew daysa go by another poster

Renewing my 5-year motorbike licence.Wednesday September 22nd 2010 Here is a list of what you need to change your expired 5-year licence to a new 5-year licence. 1. Completed application form, which you collect at the entrance to the licencing centre (1 for car, 1 for motorbike). 2. Resident Certificate from immigration (200 baht at Chonburi/Pattaya immigration). 3. Your old licence. 4. Your passport. 5. Medical Certificate from any clinic (100 baht). 6. Photo copy of passport picture page (signed). 7. Photo copy of page with your most recent entry stamp with your current “Stay to” date (signed). 8. Photo copy of your 1-year visa (signed). Note: You cannot get a 5-year license on a tourist visa; they will only give you another 1-year licence. 9. 655 baht for the 5-year car license. 10. 405 baht for the 5-year motorbike license. It will be two of everything if you’re applying for both licences at the same time. After checking my application papers at the entrance desk the medical certificate and photo copy of my 1-year visa were handed back and a ticket number issued. You then go upstairs and watch the TV screen for you number to be called. My 5-year motorbike licence expired in early July whilst I was in the UK and the fact it was over two months expired didn’t seem to make any difference at the centre. In addition the address on my old licence was not the same as my new address and I thought for that I would incur a fine but I didn’t. To renew a 5-year licence you will have to take the colour and reaction tests which takes about an hour as it’s somewhat disorganized, TIT.I argued with the lady that I only wanted to renew my 5-year licence and was the test really necessary but she was having none of it saying anyone renewing a 5-year licence and in possession of a 5-year licence will be subjected to the vision and reaction test.Out of curiosity I sat close to her desk and sure enough farang or Thai you was told you had to do the vision and reaction tests. Thinking back I remembered when I renewed my 5-year car licence I had to do the same. I entered the building at 9am and was all done and dusted by 10.30am. Those going from a 1-year temporary licence to their first 5-year licence where not subjected to the tests. After completing the vision and reaction tests first timers were given a book to read then sent into a classroom to sit answering questions on a computer. Hope this info helps someone.

• Like 1